PDA

View Full Version : 10 Weeks to Stoneleigh

AshG
18th February 2010, 09:21 AM
Only ten weeks to Stoneleigh who's going to be finished in time?

if all goes well tomorrow i will be there

oh and its only 6 weeks to detling show :D

dogwood
18th February 2010, 09:25 AM
Only ten weeks to Stoneleigh who's going to be finished in time?

Don't remind me Hu !!!!!!:mad:
10 weeks and I'm still stuck in bl***y England

HandyAndy
18th February 2010, 09:27 AM
Its looking good for my car to be finished in time , tho i,ll be honest & say it might not be IVA,d in time but if i can get a test date in time & register the car etc then it,ll be at stoneleigh.

cheers
andy

Bonzo
18th February 2010, 09:39 AM
Don't remind me Hu !!!!!!:mad:
10 weeks and I'm still stuck in bl***y England

What ya doin in England David :D :D

Andy ..... I prefer, Two and a half months !! sounds like there's more time ;)

deezee
18th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Its looking tight to get mine through the IVA and registered in 10 weeks. I'd feel more confident if the DVLA and the Ministry could actually process paperwork :rolleyes:

spud69
18th February 2010, 11:03 AM
***10 weeks***

Oh no, and we have so much to do......:o

All the best for tomorrow Ash, we all have our fingers crossed - i'm sure everything will be okay. After seeing the last pic of your at Exeter show it does look fantastic. Mine used to look like that but after 4000 miles it doesn't anymore - must get it all cleaned up for the Spring.

mark
18th February 2010, 12:08 PM
Im hoping to be finished in the next seven weeks so i can go to the track day at teesside, so should be at stonleigh if all goes to plan

All the little jobs you think will take 5mins take ages though :rolleyes:

spud69
18th February 2010, 12:44 PM
Im hoping to be finished in the next seven weeks so i can go to the track day at teesside, so should be at stonleigh if all goes to plan

All the little jobs you think will take 5mins take ages though :rolleyes:

If you need a hand with anything Mark just give a shout, it is not a problem, just to see you get through IVA would be satisfying enough.

Just putting Handys poly bushes in this afternoon and setting up his suspension. Tomorrow his electrics will be done and car running, he's getting there to.

Regards.....AndyH

mark
18th February 2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the offer mate i will keep it in mind :)

Good to hear handy is making some good progress, i may pop in to see you this afternoon when i finish work and bring your rivnut tool back with its new mandrel :o i broke yours aswell as mine :o

The replacement part only cost £3 delivered so not bad, i was only using it by hand too. The guy at cheapest rivnuts said i must have hand like a gorrilla :D

Bonzo
18th February 2010, 01:16 PM
Just putting Handys poly bushes in this afternoon and setting up his suspension. Tomorrow his electrics will be done and car running, he's getting there to.

Regards.....AndyH

Nice to hear that you have got the skinny one grafting on his build :p :D :D

Little Andy Is going to be one happy bunny when he hears that engine fire up for the first time :cool:

HandyAndy
18th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Nice to hear that you have got the skinny one grafting on his build
Little Andy Is going to be one happy bunny when he hears that engine fire up for the first time

:eek: I,m busy making chassis kits, :cool:

Tho, i think i,ll be staying late in the evenings to put some hours into my own car, got the seats yesterday & they look luuuuuuuvly , sat in it making brum brum noises,
the engine noise will be the real thing in next 2 days, :)

Mark..... drop in for a cuppa, choccy biscuits please....:o

cheers
andy

Bonzo
18th February 2010, 01:32 PM
I bet you wish you had 6 pairs of hands mate :eek:

How's about hosting a build experience day at Saturn ;) :D :D

spud69
18th February 2010, 01:46 PM
I bet you wish you had 6 pairs of hands mate :eek:

How's about hosting a build experience day at Saturn :D

Then everyone will do it themselves instead of buying it from us.....:eek: Only joking. No problem anybody coming along at any time, there's always plenty going on - as the 12 hour days would suggest...:(

We've talked about when the warm weather comes is every other Saturday to have a bbq morning open day where local builders can come along or bring their cars along, have a blast out and some fun and food.

Cheers...AndyH

Tilly819
18th February 2010, 02:07 PM
hope to be there, in the process of aranging IVA at the moment.... 10 weeks is not long to get IVA'd and registered, hopefully just make it in time......

tilly

dogwood
18th February 2010, 09:06 PM
What ya doin in England David :D :D

Was talked into coming back to help my mate with his IVA test:rolleyes:
Still will all be worth it if he passes..

Actualy it's my annual MOT at the doctors.
Ment to do it before I went back at Xmas.
But compleatly forgot,
Think I ought to go to the doctors about my memory?
Keep forgetting things.
Think I ought to go to the doctors about my memory?

Davey
18th February 2010, 09:28 PM
I would really like to attend this year, missed last year's show. Is camping allowed? I've got a nice big tin tent to live in:D . Very doubtful that my Dragon will be anywhere near done and I'm not inclined to trailer a part built car there:confused: .

D.

HandyAndy
18th February 2010, 09:42 PM
I would really like to attend this year, missed last year's show. Is camping allowed? I've got a nice big tin tent to live in:D . Very doubtful that my Dragon will be anywhere near done and I'm not inclined to trailer a part built car there:confused: .

D.

Davey,
yes you are ok to camp at stoneleigh, in fact all the Roadster builders would be camped together, it makes it a good social event too, few beers, a few sausage butties etc,
its well worth staying the weekend, lots to see & lots of chat with other builders.

cheers
andy

frankie boy
18th February 2010, 09:56 PM
Davey,
yes you are ok to camp at stoneleigh, in fact all the Roadster builders would be camped together, it makes it a good social event too, few beers, a few sausage butties etc,
its well worth staying the weekend, lots to see & lots of chat with other builders.

cheers
andy

hi Andy
Will the roadsters be parking on the locost stand as last yaer?

Spikehaus
18th February 2010, 09:56 PM
OK Guys

GUILT.......! i ant gunna make it for dat drunken promise date, but however it has spurred me on to get a move on.

Achievements since show last year:-

Rolling Chassis - Tick
V6 engine and gearbox installed - Tick
Wiring loom stripped and tested - Tick
Bosch K-jet injection system built - Tick
Engine Running - Tick
Engine Running without fault - Tick

This weekend - complete pedal linkages

Not bad progress considering I work 7.30 > 17.30 Mon to Fri

dogwood
18th February 2010, 10:31 PM
Never mind Spike.
Come in ya tintop.
We'll need someone to bring the BBQ and Gazebo

Tilly819
18th February 2010, 11:01 PM
question assuming all goes well with iva and dvla for my car.....
are we having our own stand or if not were do we park?

tilly

AshG
18th February 2010, 11:34 PM
last year we parked on the locost stand i would assume its the same this year but will confirm with chris some time next week.