PDA

View Full Version : Ally tub bars ( do they have to be removed? )

twinturbo
20th February 2010, 04:28 PM
Do the bars from the ally tub have to be removed if fitting a Glass tub?

TT

gingea1pom
20th February 2010, 05:00 PM
TT,

In a word yes!

I was going for a fibreglass rear end from Saturn all along so never fitted the round tubes.

There is a PDF of the modified rear end kicking about on here somewhere.

I was lucky enough to have my fibreglass rear end so could mock up around it. Still not done the top rails though.

Cheers Ginge

spud69
20th February 2010, 05:06 PM
You can leave the tubes on TT but you would have to modify the panel. Best to remove them and fit the supporting arm to the bottom. Easy to cut and as Ginge says the plans are on the forum.

AndyH

HandyAndy
20th February 2010, 05:09 PM
TT,

In a word yes!

I was going for a fibreglass rear end from Saturn all along so never fitted the round tubes.

There is a PDF of the modified rear end kicking about on here somewhere.

I was lucky enough to have my fibreglass rear end so could mock up around it. Still not done the top rails though.

Cheers Ginge

Top rails??

you don,t need any top rails inside the GRP rear tub, just the lower new square tubing, as the tub is self supporting ;)

cheers
andy

gingea1pom
20th February 2010, 05:24 PM
Andy,

Cheers for that, I was wondering as no one has mentioned it before.:confused:

I am down to my last 2m of steal and need that for stand in shocks.:eek:

Thanks again:D

Ginge

HandyAndy
20th February 2010, 05:50 PM
Ginge....

No prob mate :)

if it did need top rails i would,ve put the info in the thread discussing the rear tub, :rolleyes: :D

basically the tub is secured with the new square tubing as mentioned on the other thread & where the tub meets D11 & SB1 tubes & i think its D9/10 (haven,t got my book at home)

and yes Adrian H is correct,,,,, the "book" dimensioned fuel tank won,t fit with a GRP tub, tho once the tub is trial fitted you can then get measurements to fabricate a tank, or do what i did & bought one that fits :D

cheers
andy