PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump location

deezee
22nd February 2010, 01:33 PM
What is the general consensus for the location of the fuel pump? I was going to put in next to the fuel tank, in that unused space behind the wheels. But does a bike carb pump need to be below the outlet? I assume its self priming and therefore it won't matter?

Is there any IVA related into to take into account. I assume as long as the lines are fixed at regular intervals and are in no risk of touching any moving parts, I'm OK? Does the fuel pump need to be fixed on rubber mounts?

DaddyA
22nd February 2010, 01:43 PM
What is the general consensus for the location of the fuel pump? I was going to put in next to the fuel tank, in that unused space behind the wheels. But does a bike carb pump need to be below the outlet? I assume its self priming and therefore it won't matter?

Is there any IVA related into to take into account. I assume as long as the lines are fixed at regular intervals and are in no risk of touching any moving parts, I'm OK? Does the fuel pump need to be fixed on rubber mounts?

That's where I'm putting mine, had a similiar post my myself.

Think Ash said his was in the engine bay?? And works fine (Good suction apparently).

Not sure about IVA, suppose as long as your fuel lines are supported sufficiently it should be ok.

dogwood
22nd February 2010, 06:57 PM
Think Ash said his was in the engine bay??

Actualy his is in the rear, just infront of the tank.
Mine is also in the rear in a simlar place

DaddyA
23rd February 2010, 09:58 PM
Actualy his is in the rear, just infront of the tank.
Mine is also in the rear in a simlar place

Apologise,

got mixed up with spud69.;)