PDA

View Full Version : Autosolo

markeastman
23rd February 2010, 11:01 PM
Hi all.

I have just received my entry confirmation for the autosolo at Blackburn and on the entry list is a Adrian Hodgeson in a Haynes Roadster, is he on the forum. Will be interesting to see it perform since the main reason for wanting to start my build is to race it on autosolos.

Mark

HandyAndy
23rd February 2010, 11:11 PM
Yes, Adrian is a member of this forum, his forum name is Adrian H :)

he has built his own Roadster, passed IVA & is on the road, lives near Blackburn.

doh , i,m too slow , there he is , lol

cheers
andy

HandyAndy
23rd February 2010, 11:14 PM
Hi Andy I will get up there one Saturday when the weather is better!

Adrian

Hi Adrian,
no prob, you are most welcome, look forward to meeting you , & looking forward to seeing your car :cool:

You & spud will no doubt go for a drive, i,ll blag a passenger lift :o :D

cheers
andy

markeastman
24th February 2010, 07:01 PM
Hi, nice to meet you Adrian.

I'm starting my second year of autosolos, I drive a old rover 216 (red) i shall pop over and say hi. My experience of Blackburn is that it is tight compared to some of the others, though i do drive a biggish car.

My top tips are avoid the cones, walk the course at least twice, its amazing how you can know the route, then the second you are in your car your head goes blank, and most of all have fun, oh and avoiding curbs is a good one. I use a different set of tyres too because i find i scrub the fronts quite bad, though that isnt really an option for you with no boot.

I drove a Morgan at Demon tweeks, which is what has persuaded me a need something rwd, i had so much fun just driving slow (not my car) though it was damp so i got the think stepping out.

Mark

Oh and i forgot wear warm clothes iv never been warm yet at one

markeastman
24th February 2010, 07:49 PM
I have sent an application off yes, though i have had no reply. I would just send a form off i would imagine you would get a place do you have the regs. i hear this one is going to be quite open, looking forward to it.