PDA

View Full Version : I've started a build diary

Enoch
25th February 2010, 01:50 PM
Hi folks. just thought you might like to know that I have started a build diary so I keep a record of my build and hopefully stop people making the mistakes that I am bound to make along the way. If any of you want to look at it you can find it at www.deepfolly.co.uk. It's erly days and it will take a back seat to my build but I will add to it as time permits.
All the best and all that,
Enoch.

HandyAndy
25th February 2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Enoch,
just read your first page of your build log, just wait till Paul see,s the finished car ;) :) ...he,ll want one then :D

I,ll watch your build log with interest:cool:

cheers
andy

spud69
25th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Excellent diary Enoch, just what i needed.......;)

Keep it up......AndyH

twinturbo
25th February 2010, 02:55 PM
Good progress so far.

TT

Bonzo
25th February 2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Enoch, That's brilliant mate :cool:

Going to be really looking forward to reading the updates :)
Having read your introduction .... I can see that it is going to develop into a bloody good read :cool:

Well done :)

Enoch
25th February 2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the kind comments peeps. I will add to it from time to time. I have actually done a fair bit more to the car than is written up but I will hopefully get it up to date soon and then keep it so.
Best and all that,
Enoch

Davey
25th February 2010, 08:06 PM
Brilliant write up mate, plenty of interest and some good humour too. Makes for pleasant reading and makes us want to come back for more. Looking forward to the next installment already and I've added your site to my "kitcar" favourites.:D

D.

aerosam
25th February 2010, 08:49 PM
2 quick things...

that TIG looks like the same one I had, got it off ebay, cheap chinese import. Welded most of the chassis and promptly broke down. Watch out for the gas solenoid valve, mine used to randomly switch off while welding, ruining the weld at best, blowing a hole in the steel at worst.

and the other thing - do you always work in a leather jacket?

Best of luck with it!

Enoch
26th February 2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks Davey, glad you enjoyed it thus far.
Hi Sam, I was worried about buying cheap Chinese but it's been fine so far. I have not tried the tig function yet just arc.
As it was about minus 5 when that photo was taken I thought that the leather was the appropriate thing to wear. This season I will mainly be wearing an off the shoulder gold lame affair with a pair of Jimmy Choo's. If you pay me money I promise not to post a photo :-)