PDA

View Full Version : Body panels

dave1888
25th February 2010, 05:36 PM
Is it possible to use Westfield body panels on the Roadster or are the 2 different dimensions.

twinturbo
25th February 2010, 05:58 PM
Not all Westies are the same either!!

You have narrow and Wide body ones.

TT

Bonzo
25th February 2010, 06:24 PM
As the Haynes Roadster is 2" wider than the lo-cost & other similar 7's , I suspect the answer is no !!

I know a number of members have bought panels not made for the Roadster & have had to do a fair bit of work to get them to fit ( Usualy by cutting them in half & adding a bit ) :eek:

To be honest, personally, I would buy the Saturn bodywork .... Top notch & a fraction of the cost of Westfield's pannels ;) :cool:

AshG
25th February 2010, 07:08 PM
actually the westi wide and normal are the same size body pannels dont know how i just remember fabby telling us all ages ago.

someone on here (not in England) has fitted them to a roadster but it involved a lot of chopping an joining. cant remember their name though

sorry im not being much use tonight lol

fabbyglass
25th February 2010, 07:15 PM
The difference between the skinny and fat boy slim westy is in the tunnel not the body work, it doesn't fit the Locost or the Haynes...it's somewhere between the two so some messing to get it to fit.
Just buy the Saturn grp as it DOES fit....;)

Westy wide bonnets are £330.........how nuts is that:eek:

teun
25th February 2010, 08:12 PM
I do:D I use the nose cone the bonnet and the scuttle from a westfield. The nose is original i did make the scuttle 8cm wider and the bonnet also. Stuppid hollander.:p