PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

vetteman1355
3rd March 2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of friends here in Vancouver BC Canada & myself who are ready to start building a locost. I have already picked up a Merkur XR4ti minus the motor. What we would like to know is if the chassis and rear suspension set up on the Haynes is capable of handling 225 hp / 220 ft/p torque. We have 4 2.0 Zetec motors that have had some serious mods one of which had 286 hp on a dyno with a turbo, although we are not contemplating using turbos.

Thanks
Nigel

twinturbo
3rd March 2010, 08:51 PM
There's an MK Indy in this months CKC magazine running a 284BHP Turbocharged Bike Engine.. So You should be ok if your construction skills are up to the job.

TT

spud69
3rd March 2010, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the Forum - another new builder,

The Haynes chassis is quite capable of taking that power, the chassis is stronger and stiffer than most other locost designs. Just make sure that you get your prop shaft made up to suit the torque and power.

Be nice to have a go in when you get finished............;)

AndyH

twinturbo
3rd March 2010, 09:19 PM
Spuds world tour plans continue :D

TT

HandyAndy
3rd March 2010, 09:41 PM
Spuds world tour plans continue

TT

:eek: .....Spuds world tour?????? i,ll go as well :D

I,ll even cut the chassis for you :)

I,ll get my passport renewed asap , :D

Welcome to the forum & look forward to some build pics soon.

cheers
andy

twinturbo
3rd March 2010, 09:43 PM
He was of to Auz earlier

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=32961&postcount=14

TT

HandyAndy
3rd March 2010, 09:52 PM
yeah, we could go to Oz then stop off in Canada on the return journey ,

Now ......where else are there some Roadsters being built???? hmmmm

.......... We could stop off & say hi to the mad Sarf Afrikan " Land Locked"

Then Sweden....Lithuania...... France............oh & New Zealand .........

Spud............ shall we toss a coin who goes?????? :D

cheers
andy

alga
4th March 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm actually entertaining thoughts of putt-putting to Hartlepool on our diesel Toyota. Fuel would cost about the same as couriering the GRP bodykit to Lithuania, I think, if driven calmly. :D

HandyAndy
4th March 2010, 12:13 AM
I'm actually entertaining thoughts of putt-putting to Hartlepool on our diesel Toyota. Fuel would cost about the same as couriering the GRP bodykit to Lithuania, I think, if driven calmly.

Hmmmmm, an idea.................. why not collect your bodykit from the stoneleigh kit car show in May? ;) :)

win win for you, a holiday for you, get your bodykit & meet loads of forum members at the show & no doubt get a ride in a Roadster too .

just don,t tell your wife it was my idea for you to make the trip :eek: :D

cheers
andy

spud69
4th March 2010, 12:20 AM
I'm actually entertaining thoughts of putt-putting to Hartlepool on our diesel Toyota. Fuel would cost about the same as couriering the GRP bodykit to Lithuania, I think, if driven calmly. :D

It would be great to see you Alga, cost of shipping larger items, ie body kits is a lot wherever you go to - not much we can do about that i'm afraid.

So HAndy i think we're off to Sweden, Lithuania, South Africa, Canada then Australia - must all be better then Hartlepool. Don't tell Anja - Don't you just love our job........:D

AndyH

HandyAndy
4th March 2010, 12:33 AM
- Don't you just love our job........:D

AndyH

wouldn,t want it any other way , ;) :cool:

bring on summer too :)

cheers
andy

twinturbo
4th March 2010, 08:55 AM
must all be better then Hartlepool

Not saying anything :p

TT

vetteman1355
4th March 2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the info, I'm sure it will be a blast to drive when finished a lot different my other fun car a Corvette Z06.

Spud I will send you an email maybe you can supply us with a bunch of parts

Nigel

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewimage/15822651660-1226345557-70505/gallery/11082150/page/1/15

twinturbo
4th March 2010, 06:49 PM
Whell they both have fiberglass bodies :)

TT

spud69
4th March 2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks for all the info, I'm sure it will be a blast to drive when finished a lot different my other fun car a Corvette Z06.

Spud I will send you an email maybe you can supply us with a bunch of parts

Nigel

That would be fine Nigel, can take a set to Lithunia then Canada then off to Australia....:D :cool: :D

World domination continues.

Corvette is a beautiful looking car to.

Regards....AndyH

Bonzo
5th March 2010, 06:46 PM
Missed this one :o :o

A very warm welcome to the forum :)

You can add me to the list for a vist to Canada ....... What we need is a Roadster building world tour !! :D