PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Day - Saturn

spud69
5th March 2010, 07:12 PM
Evening All,

Just in case any peeps are rounds the North East area, Hartlepool, tomorrow Saturn are starting their Burger / Barbeque open Saturdays tomorrow. Will be starting about 10am till about 1am with local builders there, some cars and visitors to the workshop / unit. While the weather is descent it is planned to have a social morning every Saturday just for a fun get together, blast out and some grub. All are welcome for whatever reason for anything roadster related.

Plus, just received a sample copy of Total Kit Car for this month and Steve Hole has put in a nice 3 page article all about Saturn if anybodys passing WHSmiths. Many thanks to Steve who has put together a very nice down to earth spread. I would attach some scanned images of it but i think he'd rather the mag was purchased. OR it can be read with a burger in the morning....;)

AndyH + HAndy

Janne E
5th March 2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry guys:(

I´m a bit busy tomorrow, putting my chassi together:D

Maybe next time:D

Janne

pradaloup
5th March 2010, 07:26 PM
I think it will be a can just for me

Bonzo
5th March 2010, 07:39 PM
Oh what a bummer ..... It'll all be over by the time I get there :( :)

If that Chris G turns up ..... All the burgers & pies will be gone anyways !! :D :D

twinturbo
5th March 2010, 07:45 PM
A few weeks time and I will be over for a burger, coffe and suspension components :) .. Hoperfully the Stripped MK1 golf will be gon and give it's space to the chassis :)

Have a nice mornin chaps. take a few photos

TT

Muffin
5th March 2010, 07:45 PM
Post me a sosige...:D

Woof

Davey
5th March 2010, 07:46 PM
Sadly I have two satellite TV systems to install in motorhomes tomorrow:mad: . Still, maybe I can make it up there for a future event:p , it would be a good run out for the Dragon in the summer:D .

D.

Enoch
5th March 2010, 07:49 PM
Well, I 'm 300 miles away but would love to be there. Hope it all goes well for you and that the weather is good.
Best and all that,
Enoch

spud69
5th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks All, will take some pics tomorrow then everyone can have a laugh at the cool barby me and HAndy have fabbed up. Consists of an old washing machine drum turned vertical spinning on a flanged bearing set in its own stand. Might be pants but it looks cool.....:cool:

Will be good for fellow builders to meet up a bit more regular than a couple of shows.

HandyAndy
5th March 2010, 08:29 PM
:D
its going to be a fun social event, that hopefully as the summer is looming & a few more cars are completed, & cars that are finished get a run out, we can make this a fun gathering, like Spud has said.....some car chat / grub / a run out in the cars & marvel at our Bar B Q , I suggested we put a grill from a nose cone on it :cool: :D

see you all there hopefully sometime soon:)

cheers
Andy

Bonzo
5th March 2010, 08:35 PM
marvel at our Bar B Q , I suggested we put a grill from a nose cone on it
cheers
Andy

Just don't put a nose cone in it !!?? :eek: :D :D

fabbyglass
5th March 2010, 09:00 PM
Monkey burgers.........:rolleyes: :o :p :D

spud69
5th March 2010, 09:18 PM
Monkey burgers........

You've give the surprise away now flabbyass....;) :( ;)

fabbyglass
5th March 2010, 10:00 PM
Doh..!!!!:p

fabbyglass
6th March 2010, 05:52 PM
How did yer bbq go?

twinturbo
6th March 2010, 05:53 PM
If the wether was like here then they will have had a lovely morning..

TT

fabbyglass
6th March 2010, 05:56 PM
Was sunny here but a tad pearl harbour don't yer know...(nip in the air...:o )

mark
6th March 2010, 06:29 PM
If i had been on the forum yesterday and seen this i would have come over for some monkey burger :D

HandyAndy
6th March 2010, 07:17 PM
The day was a little "pearl harbour" ( made me laugh ) :D

But the burgers were luuuuuvvly , i,m stuffed :p

We,ll be having more saturday barbies so all are welcome, what more could you want???

A monkey burger????, with relish & a side order of car chat:cool:

cheers
andy

Davey
6th March 2010, 07:27 PM
Surely it should be hiroshima not pearl harbour?

D.

GraemeWebb
6th March 2010, 07:29 PM
Surely it should be hiroshima not pearl harbour?

D.

Only if the burgers were really overdone!!;)

Davey
6th March 2010, 08:11 PM
Fair point Graeme but I think the only "nips" in the air at Pearl harbour were the ones dropping bombs:( whereas there were plenty of "bits of a nip in the air" at Hiroshima and Nagasaki as I recall;) .

D.

fabbyglass
6th March 2010, 08:17 PM
Ummmmmm some folk just don't get it never mind it made me laugh:p

Davey
6th March 2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry, I'll get me coat:confused: .

D.

spud69
6th March 2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=722&d=1267906830
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=723&d=1267906840

Cheers All - Monkey Burgers where lovely in the end, apologies for the delays Paul but we'll be more organised next week or next time your down.

Mark you've been quiet on the forum this week, your car must be steaming on. Sure we shall see you next week though......:)

AndyH

flyerncle
7th March 2010, 09:38 AM
Andy it was worth the 90mls round trip just to see the performance of you two and the "Barby", Anja did an incredible job given the circumstances and not wanting to pee on the bonfire/barby but Roadster building is the Saturn forte.:eek:

More practice reqd :p

Meant in the kindest possible way guys.

twinturbo
7th March 2010, 11:51 AM
Are you saying I need to take a packed lunch or some Indegestion tablets when I make the Pilgramage?

spud69
7th March 2010, 12:42 PM
Are you saying I need to take a packed lunch or some Indegestion tablets when I make the Pilgramage?

No not at all TT, Paul left just as we were getting it sorted. It's ll guns a blazing from now on......:p

flyerncle
7th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Guns blazing ? surely not, just the barby.

It probably was the dogs bits when the flames died down,anyway there is always the next time and better weather.

cheers.

Cant mention monkey burgers cos her indoors is from the Pool.:eek: