PDA

View Full Version : Bits...

car.mad
6th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Afternoon,

as of today i'm officially MINTED, went to the local scrap yard this morning to weigh in a load of copper wire and ended up drawing £600 for it :D put a huge smile on my face. this now means i can spend some more money on the car :)

i'm now looking for a donor car and a 2.0 zetec black top as well as some other bits 'n' pieces...

is there a certain year where they started making the sierra with a MT75 gearbox? i'v looked but couldn't seem to find anything, because i'm using the zetec engine the MT75 would be ideal, have found all the bits i need to convert it for fit-ment with the zetec engine for next to nothing. also with it being a slightly newer box, in 'theory' it will be stronger and able to cope with more torque.

with regards to an engine, whilst i was at the scrappers i asked them if they had any (they didn't :() but they break fords and get them in fairly often, they gave me a phone number and said to give them a ring at a later date and they would see if they had anything. whilst i was there they quoted me £200 for the engine (including manifolds) engine loom, ECU, transponder (including key and ignition barrel) which i thought was a bargain!

i will also be looking to buy some suspension mountings and shocker mountings and have no idea where to get them from?

Cheers

Jake

twinturbo
6th March 2010, 03:36 PM
1989 was the year the MT75 apeared with the DOHC

TT

twinturbo
6th March 2010, 03:37 PM
you will pick up a full mondeo running clinging to an MOT for £200. and then sell the unwanted stuff, weigh in the steel and cat and have your money back and probabl more.

TT

car.mad
6th March 2010, 04:50 PM
you will pick up a full mondeo running clinging to an MOT for £200. and then sell the unwanted stuff, weigh in the steel and cat and have your money back and probabl more.

TT

was thinking about doing this but i dont have the space for a sierra and mondeo, as i will be using most of the parts from the sierra and just the engine from the mondeo, also to buying a full car for £200 will probably mean that the mileage is quite high (100k+), where as buying a separate engine (probably from a write off) will probably be only 60-80k miles

also i will be putting the zetec engine in the sierra and re-registering it which will allow me to get the donor plate ;)

Jake

twinturbo
6th March 2010, 04:58 PM
A zetec with 100K is just run in.

TT

martin62
6th March 2010, 11:05 PM
A zetec with 100K is just run in.

TT

Hi Twinturbo I was just thinking if anyone hears of a mondeo 1.8/2.0l blacktop for sale for around £200 I would travel over and drive it back