PDA

View Full Version : keeping you all inspired

frankie boy
7th March 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi All
Had the chance to get out in the roadster today. Took some photos to keep all you builders inspired.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/frankieboy2008/IMG_0018.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/frankieboy2008/IMG_0019.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/frankieboy2008/IMG_0021.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/frankieboy2008/IMG_0022.jpg

twinturbo
7th March 2010, 07:40 PM
very nice :)

TT

frankie boy
7th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Very nice franky.

Question what is the trim you have used on the sides and up to the top of the arches?

Is it rubber?

Adrian

I made them from corian and covered them in vinyl.

Enoch
7th March 2010, 08:07 PM
That is chuffing gorgeous!!!
Superb looking job.
Did you make that bonnet or buy it?
Really beautiful, if mine comes out half as good I will love myself forever:D
Seriously, though, well done that man.
Enoch

frankie boy
7th March 2010, 08:15 PM
That is chuffing gorgeous!!!
Superb looking job.
Did you make that bonnet or buy it?
Really beautiful, if mine comes out half as good I will love myself forever:D
Seriously, though, well done that man.
Enoch

Hi Enoch
I have made moulds for the nose,bonnet and scuttle. I will have them for sale soon. I am bissy at work and do not have the time to get it together.

Davey
7th March 2010, 09:03 PM
WOW! Can't say I like the colour too much but the car is mint!

D.

HandyAndy
7th March 2010, 09:46 PM
:cool:
very smart indeed Frankie, looks stunning, nice work :cool:

cheers
andy

slimtater
7th March 2010, 09:49 PM
That is the second nicest Roadster I have ever seen! :rolleyes:

Only joking Frankie, yours always looks awesome.

AshG
7th March 2010, 10:18 PM
looks like its had a bit of spit and polish since i last saw it :D. Davey the colour looks much better in the flesh trust me ;) Frankie every time i see a new picture of it you have made it nicer where do you find the time whilst building another?

love the dainty little wing mirrors where did you get them? any progress pictures of the new one your building?

frankie boy
7th March 2010, 10:44 PM
looks like its had a bit of spit and polish since i last saw it :D. Davey the colour looks much better in the flesh trust me ;) Frankie every time i see a new picture of it you have made it nicer where do you find the time whilst building another?

love the dainty little wing mirrors where did you get them? any progress pictures of the new one your building?

Hi Ash

The mirrors were very locost £10 from the moped repair shop:D . They will do for now. Finding time is what my wife says when things need doing at home. The good thing about my other build is that is at my workshop and I can put time in on it when I need to chill out. I am not in a hurry to finish it like I was be for. The new car will have all my new panels which is what I have been concentrating on.

AshG
7th March 2010, 11:11 PM
will have to go out for a blast together once mine is all legal. either round the country lanes of essex or down to the seaside somewhere. there are quite a few locost lads round my way so could arrange a bit of a get together

frankie boy
7th March 2010, 11:22 PM
will have to go out for a blast together once mine is all legal. either round the country lanes of essex or down to the seaside somewhere. there are quite a few locost lads round my way so could arrange a bit of a get together

COOL:D . When is your retest? Will you be driving to detling?

Enoch
8th March 2010, 08:04 AM
I reckon that bonnet would probably fit over my DOHC's inlet manifold so if you do start making them, please let me know. The bodywork is one area where I think my talent may run out rather quickly.
Enoch

Bonzo
8th March 2010, 08:26 AM
That's looking, Fan ... Blooming ... Tastic Frank :)

I don't know how you do it !!??

Here's me ..... Still at the rolling chassis stage .... You have built yours, driven it and now have given it a full re-work ..... + Another one part built :eek:

Best I change my user name to ..... Captain Slow :o :D

Great work Frank

adrianreeve
8th March 2010, 02:34 PM
Frank

Looking good there my man!

Did you have a think about prices, and will you be offering them in standard RAL colours to order?

Cheers

Adrian

DaddyA
8th March 2010, 06:58 PM
Can only endorse what every one else has said -LOOKS FANTASTIC.:)

frankie boy
22nd March 2010, 10:49 PM
I reckon that bonnet would probably fit over my DOHC's inlet manifold so if you do start making them, please let me know. The bodywork is one area where I think my talent may run out rather quickly.
Enoch

Hi
Sorry i missed this post. I had twin cam engines in mind when making the bonnet.
I will have them for sale soon.

Enoch
23rd March 2010, 10:19 AM
Cool. Do you have any dimensions available? I will be fitting my engine and box fairly soon and it would be good to make sure I have clearance before finalising my engine mounts.
Thanks in advance,
Dave.