PDA

View Full Version : Kitpartsdirect

Wgroove
8th March 2010, 10:06 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have some experience with the webshop "kitpartsdirect" ?
A few months ago i ordered a wide nosecone for my haynes roadster, but i received a regular one. After many emails they promised me to send a new one. i am still waiting......:mad: :mad: :mad:
Does anyone has got some suggestions that i can do about it ?

Greetz,

Wim

twinturbo
8th March 2010, 10:08 PM
Part of the once Gr8 RobinHood Company.

Have you tried ringing them?

How did you pay?

TT

Wgroove
8th March 2010, 10:11 PM
Part of the once Gr8 RobinHood Company.

Have you tried ringing them?

How did you pay?

TT

Ringing is rather difficult -> i'm from belgium.
I payed with paypall

Wgroove
8th March 2010, 10:16 PM
They asked me to send the nosecone back to uk, and they would refund the costs of the shipping.
But the shippingcosts were too high aprox 80 euros.
So they promised me to send a new one.
Still waiting.

AshG
8th March 2010, 10:46 PM
im really sorry to say this but as far as i know they dont make a nose for the roadster so there is little chance of getting one.

dogwood
9th March 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry to say Wgroove I have a simlar story to AshG
They told me they did a Nosecone for the Roadster.
I was lucky enough to go to their store to collect.
The one they said fitted was too narrow.
Told me it would streach....:mad:

The only place to get a nosecone for a Roadster as far as I know
Is the Triton one now made by Saturns sportscars
http://www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/

Get rid of that KPdirect one and go for the Saturn one
Guaranteed to fit and far better quality.

HTH

RAYLEE29
9th March 2010, 08:04 AM
Hi, they say anything to get the sale.
I heard theyre salesman blatantly lying at the exeter show just to sell something the buyer didnt even need.
Ray:)

HandyAndy
9th March 2010, 08:23 AM
I bought something from them last month ( not bodywork :D ) & in fairness the parts arrived the next day................

But like others have said, the body work parts they sell do NOT fit the Roadster, the only supplier currently that can supply body work that is a perfect fit is Saturn ( not a plug :o ).

I,m not sticking up for Kitpartsdirect, just being honest with regard the delivery of the part i ordered, maybe its due to the fact their bodywork doesn,t fit the Roadster is why they haven,t sent a replacement , as they don,t have the correct product.

There was a thread last year discussing this very scenario, & i made my own point of view clear back then.........

The parts they sell (bodywork) may look like you are getting a bargain, BUT the product doesn,t fit & so is it worth the hassle , might as well buy the correct item in the first place from a supplier that ensures the product WILL fit the Roadster .

cheers
andy

Bonzo
9th March 2010, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear your sad tale :(

Is it still possible to persue a claim via Paypal .... Goods not as described ??

As Ash has said .... As far as I know Saturn Sports Cars are the only suppliers of genuine Roadster body parts ;)

They have a dedicated set of moulds from wich they can hand craft you some top quality parts.
The recent price changes at Saturn have made them even .... More affordable :cool:

Heres a link to the Saturn web site

Saturn Sports Cars (http://www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=9)

Unfortunately there are plenty of sellers out there that offer Locost/Roadster bodywork ..... They would also have you believe that it will fit either but it will not :mad:

JB182
9th March 2010, 12:49 PM
I'd pursue the PayPal route. They were excellent in resolving a dispute for me and should refund you the money straight away and then go after RobinHood themselves. If it was brought through their eBay shop I'd suggest leaving some negative feedback too.

Wgroove
9th March 2010, 03:46 PM
I allready tried paypal, but they've told me that they couldn't do anything, i don't no why, but perhaps it is because the transaction took place more than 45 days ago.
I also didnt know that a wide nosecone did not fit a Haynes Roadster. :(
I know that Teun has bought a Westfield Wide nosecone, and that it fits his Haynes. :confused:
I also ordered the nosecone before i discovered this marvellous forum !! :p
Anyway, thanks to everyone trying to help me out !
I think i have to organise a holiday... bring back myself the wrong nosecone... smash his... :D and have a beer !
Cheers.
Wim

fabbyglass
9th March 2010, 08:58 PM
Make your own, it's easy really but cheaper to buy one from Saturn;)

Wgroove
9th March 2010, 09:04 PM

Make your own ? I never did that before.
I really would try it, but where and how do i start ?
Any suggestions or lessons ?;)

Davey
9th March 2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah I'm really lookin' forward to that part of my build (not!). Don't think anyone makes one big enough for my Dragon so I'm going to be swatting up on GRP fabrication when the time comes. I did make an attempt at some last year when I needed to make a bootlid for my camper. It wasn't really a very good job but a couple of dozen litres of body filler improved it a bit:D Not got any pics of it as its not my best work:p .

D.

AshG
9th March 2010, 09:45 PM
well you have got a nose cone that you have little chance of getting a refund on. why dont you buy some fg chop the nose you have in half and have a go at widening it and making it fit. has to be worth having a go.

Davey
9th March 2010, 10:01 PM
That's not a bad idea Ash, i know you were replying to someone else (sorry I've lost track, too much red falling down water:D ) but I do have the original nosecone off my Locust which could possibly be altered as you suggest. As you say, there's nowt to lose but time and a bit of GRP;) .

D.