PDA

View Full Version : Iva Results

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 05:19 PM
ok folks here goes

unsuprisingly i failed but there isnt much to fix and my tester was VERY nice and told me evrything i needed to do extremely helpfull, seems to be rarther inpressed with the entire car (even if i do say so my self hehehe)

Test started at 8:45 ish was done by 10:45

failed on

1) Emissions: basicly im sure you will remember a few days ago we thought it was running lean....well actualy it was running rich..... VERY rich so blew my emmissions test out compleatly

Fix: power comander and dyno run

2) braket that holds rear break pipe T peice lightly to vibrate

Fix: make a new one out of steel as oposed to the ally one curently fitted

3) interiour fittings: internal rad on dials not 2.5mm

Fix: glue on O-Rings round the dials

4: Steering wheel pad not hard enough has to be shore 50 and i need to mount it in a more profeshonal way ie not insulating tape

Fix pad with tougher foam and secure with velcro

5: exteriour projections track rod lock nuts and top ball joint lock nut

Fix: wireing gland gaitors on track rods and ball joint gaitor over the ball joint lock nut

6: wheel arches to short do not cover full dia of wheel

Fix: extend front of arch

7: front indicators angles of visability

fix: mount on nose cone

so all in all a good test, very quick, very plesant once i new id failed i realy began to enjoy it

since i found out the engine was running rich rarther than lean i drove it home as well insted of putting it in the trailor...:D :D :D :D

chears tilly

Bonzo
9th March 2010, 05:29 PM
Well that's not so bad Tilly :cool: :)

Other than the emissions ........... The rest should be a doddle to fix

I guess you'll soon have that list sorted & back for a re-test in the very near future :cool:

Well done mate :)

HandyAndy
9th March 2010, 05:31 PM
a BIG well done Tilly,
:cool:

Thats a "good" fail, won,t take long to sort it out.

I imagine you enjoyed the drive home eh?? :D :cool:

cheers
andy

Tatey
9th March 2010, 05:32 PM
Congrads Tilly, thats a nice small fail list there.

When you say the front arches are too short, where did you get them from? Just so I know to avoid them.

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 05:32 PM
yeh hope so, iv just welded in a boss for a lambda for the Rolling road, spoke to a chap eirlier said it should be a doddle..

as for the rest a few evenings should sort it

tilly

Enoch
9th March 2010, 05:33 PM
Well done Tilly and thanks for posting the results so we know for our own tests. Does not sound too bad at all as long as the emissions are sorted without too much grief.
Well done that man :)

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 05:35 PM
think the i got the front arches second hand carnt remember were from, dont have a recipt...

drive home was great ....... saw 2 rozzers one on a island wouldnt have seen that is didnt have plates and the other drive straight past me with nothing elce on the road, to be fair i had a IVA TEST plaque stuck on the back

tilly

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 05:38 PM
Oh think iv found out why its running so rich as well.... when i was on the phone to the chap at the rolling road i told him id removed the stock air box and fitted the ITG socks and he sais they are rubbish and really restrictive, once took a set of a street car and emidetly gained 10HP lol

tilly

mark
9th March 2010, 05:52 PM
Thats not bad at all well done!

Hope my list is as easy to fix as that :D

Bonzo
9th March 2010, 05:55 PM
Just out of interest .... How is your roll bar fixed .... In particular the backstays .... One bolt, Two bolt's or welded :)

Just thought it would be usefull to know & gauge if there are variations between test centres ;)

spud69
9th March 2010, 05:56 PM
Well done Tilly, that really is a good result.

If it wasn't for the emissions failure you could have got the rest fixed over the lunch break and passed on a retest on the afternoon.

Well Done, easy pass next time. Sounds like you had a very practical, nice, helpful tester. Same as mine - was very pleased.

AndyH.....;)

twinturbo
9th March 2010, 06:09 PM
awesome...

Take some picks of all those tricky areas we need to beware of and give us the rundown on any tips.

Good luck for the retest :)

TT

deezee
9th March 2010, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on getting the IVA, I'm positive those few items won't stop you and you'll have a retest shortly.

I'd also like to know about the rear roll bar braces / supports with regards 2 bolts / welding. All the brackets I have for my brake T-Pieces are aluminium :( Who supplied the wheel arches? Cos there may be a few of us with issues if its a common supplier.

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 06:28 PM
hi all my roll bar is welded down...and he did check it but litraly looked and saw it was all welded in and said it was fine,

as for the arches i honestly carnt remember where igot them but basicly if you put a plum bob down from the front of the arch it has to cover the full diamitor of the wheel front to back and side to side. then the tyre is the 30 deg forward and 50 deg rearwards easy to do if you havnt mounted the arches yet just mount then further forward.

tilly

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 06:29 PM
ps provided the plates that your T peices are on deezee cannot vibrate or resonate basicly they have to be stiff..they should be ok mine was just abit flexable

AshG
9th March 2010, 06:53 PM
seems like you did pretty well. cant believe how quick your test was. did you have one or two testers?

only bummer is that you are going to have to spend out on a power commander but then again you was planning to anyway. did you try the emissions again with the air filter off? may be worth running outside tonight and seeing if it runs ok with them off.

also what did you get on the noise test?

well done mate i could hear the nerves in your voice yesterday but like i said it wasn't that bad was it.

DaddyA
9th March 2010, 08:07 PM
Well done Tilly,

good result for a fail but should be easily rectified.

Good luck with the re-test.

Jimmyd
9th March 2010, 08:14 PM
Well done chum, a good result.

J

SeriesLandy
9th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Well done today and good luck for the retest.

I think we need a thread to show peoples iva fail points only, no banter to make it easier to see the fail points.

AshG
9th March 2010, 08:32 PM
what would be better is if we start a thread and actually copy out word for word the fail points from the fail sheet then have another thread to discuss them on.

Bonzo
9th March 2010, 08:38 PM
what would be better is if we start a thread and actually copy out word for word the fail points from the fail sheet then have another thread to discuss them on.

I'll second that motion Ash :) :)

Would be nice to have a dedicated thread for IVA results .... Like you say, failure points could then be discussed in a different thread ;)

To have it as a sticky would be the icing on the cake :cool:

SeriesLandy
9th March 2010, 08:44 PM

Thats what i was trying to say, feel free to start one ash. I didn't want to as I havn't been there yet.

To have it as a sticky would be the icing on the cake :cool:

And to have the title changed from "sva/legal" to "IVA/legal"

AshG
9th March 2010, 09:12 PM
will see if i can find my form think its pinned up in the workshop to remind me what i need to do.

Tilly819
9th March 2010, 09:19 PM
thanks guys, in responce to your question ash i got (unbelivably) 95 DB at 7,000 RMP
also now you come to mention it i ran it a while back with the socks of and it was ok..... bummer forgot about that... ither way i fancy a power comander then when i accedently fit the turbo next winter it alrady there..... did i say that out load oops

tilly

MightyMouth
16th March 2010, 03:01 PM
Congrads Tilly, thats a nice small fail list there.

When you say the front arches are too short, where did you get them from? Just so I know to avoid them.

think the i got the front arches second hand carnt remember were from, dont have a recipt...

tilly

Were those the ones you bought from me with the rears? If so I think they came from Triton, I assume you could have rotated the arches forward and gotten away with them but the arches were made before the IVA came about so wouldn't have been made to meet the requirements as they weren't even known then.