PDA

View Full Version : IVA suspension, exempt area

Tilly819
10th March 2010, 01:27 PM
hi all

was chatting to my tester yesterday when he was doing the projections on the front suspension and he was telling me that they have just made inside the wishbones an excempt area.

to visualise this imadgen your upper and lower bones on the car then imadgen that they have been boxed in anything inside the box is excempt

make sence???

still worth covering over any sharp bits though anyway....looks more profeshional i think

tilly

Enoch
10th March 2010, 02:13 PM
Interesting - but your's failed on the top caster adjust lock nut didn't it? Is that classed as being outside of the wishbone area? Is there any official resource that can be used to verify his statement? I am a bit paranoid about how different stations seem to apply different rules. almost seems like they are working from a different document.
Enoch

twinturbo
10th March 2010, 03:45 PM
Ash's failed on the TRE locknut being covered with heatshrink, but I seem to remember he sadi that the tester could not get the 100mm ball into the wishbone area anyway so the shock were fine regardless of protection..

TT

Enoch
10th March 2010, 06:31 PM
Yes, that's right. I am just a wee bit confused as to exactly where the exempt area starts and stops. If the tester failed yours on the lock nut for the upper ball joint then I assume he considered it outside of the exempt area even though it could be considered a part of the wishbone.:confused:

Tilly819
10th March 2010, 06:45 PM
the excempt area is inside the wishbones if that makes sence the bones them selves are still tested therfore the lock nut also

he said it was only braught in about a week ago

tilly

Tilly819
10th March 2010, 06:59 PM
i expect there will be an oficial relese sometime soon

twinturbo
10th March 2010, 08:09 PM
the excempt area is inside the wishbones if that makes sence the bones them selves are still tested therfore the lock nut also

he said it was only braught in about a week ago

tilly

I wonder if AG's test had anything to do with that revision?

TT