PDA

View Full Version : My build So Far, with pics

SeriesLandy
10th March 2010, 09:44 PM
I think this is the first time that I have posted a pic of my build. I started in Nov 2008.

The bodywork for the roadster arrived today and I spent nearly 3 hours working on the car tonight. Tonight is the first time i've managed to drag myself into the garage since Exeter show (Nov 09). I really enjoyed myself again.

The build so far is a finished chassis (except for the grp tub tubes), plates, bones and engine plates. Roll bar is now in bits again as I've changed from ali to grp tub.

Pics:
nosecone, bonnet, scuttle and aero screen mocked up on the rolling chassis. The white lines is masking tape to protect the panels.
PS: The rear wheels are on inside out as they fouled the lower wishbone bolt.

Tilly819
10th March 2010, 10:38 PM
looks great, love the colour

coming along very nicely, keep it you

tilly:cool:

Bonzo
11th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Nice to see some progress pics Steve :cool:

As above, colour looking great .... I bet now the bodywork has arrived, there will be no keeping you out of the workshop :D :D

I actually spent a few hours in the workshop yesterday .... The first bit of build time for ages & ages :o

gingea1pom
11th March 2010, 10:54 AM
PS: The rear wheels are on inside out as they fouled the lower wishbone bolt.

Steve,

Why didn’t I think of that.

Loosely fitted all the suspension the other weekend but the rear 14” Ford Steely’s fouled the bottom wish bone bolt. I thought I was going to have to wait until I brought some 15” or 17” before I could get it rolling.

The forum is just great.

Roadster is looking good.

Cheers Ginge