PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Bargain & Failure

deezee
10th March 2010, 09:50 PM
Well I thought I got myself a right bargain. Some guy rallying a Pug got some wheels (4x108 ET35 magnesium OZ Racing off a Sierra Cosworth) but they were the wrong offset for a pug. So I got them for a steal. I blasted them at work and had them powder coated, then threw some Toyo Proxies on

I was feeling all smug. 4 powder coated wheels and new tyres for a tickle over £300, weigh less than 6kgs each as well. Well until I went to fit them :( They are Group 4 Rally wheels so the standard sierra studs are too short. So now I'll either have to change all the studs over or get some special adapter nuts.

Don't really know where to go with this lot now.

adrianreeve
10th March 2010, 10:00 PM
I'll give you a tenner for the lot, just to help you out!

Get the studs, they're nice wheels, and Rally Design do them cheap.

Cheers

Adrian

twinturbo
10th March 2010, 10:23 PM
studs are easy... Burton do em.

TT

AshG
11th March 2010, 01:36 AM
change the studs. as tt says its easy to change them. they can check your studs are the correct length for the wheels at iva so "special nuts" may not be the best solution.

i had to fit longer studs on my car when i fitted my team dynamics wheels

Enoch
11th March 2010, 07:50 AM
No problem at all to change the studs, I had to do that on the last car I built. I got mine from Speedshack in Uxbridge. Only cost a few quid, they do them in lots of different sizes. They are just pressed in to the hubs.

deezee
11th March 2010, 08:35 AM
Awesome. I'd asked this question on Locost Builders and no one knows a thing.... to be honest, most of the guys there seem to talk crap about everything BUT kitcar construction :eek: I had the same, complete lack of advice, when I asked about DOHC clutch information :( I'll give speedshack a call this morning and see what they can do. Thanks guys :D

twinturbo
11th March 2010, 09:14 AM
https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?dets_product.aspx?PSet=97&sTxt=studs

GRAYSTONE.

TT

deezee
12th March 2010, 09:50 PM
OK got the Graystone studs.... seems straightforard.... hold on... is this going ok..... NO ITS NOT :eek: Wheels take 8.3mm valves, not standard 11.5mm push in car valves. That is totally brilliant. I'm well happy this :rolleyes: Can't inflate the wheels.

richardk
13th March 2010, 02:00 PM
Awesome. I'd asked this question on Locost Builders and no one knows a thing.... to be honest, most of the guys there seem to talk crap about everything BUT kitcar construction :eek: I had the same, complete lack of advice, when I asked about DOHC clutch information :( I'll give speedshack a call this morning and see what they can do. Thanks guys :D

Did you mean this thread ?http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=131684 that you got the correct answer in the first reply :confused:

Haven't had time to do much research as I'm off out now but are these any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brass-pump-adapter-valve-converter-presta-to-schrader_W0QQitemZ170345385525QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_BikePumps_SR?hash=item27a 9604e35#ht_500wt_956

Cheers

Rich

aerosam
14th March 2010, 10:17 AM
This is one of the main reasons I emmigrated over here. Here you find a small group of focused memebers who really know what they are on about. You may have to wait a day for a reply, but you don't have to trawl through 3 pages of BS and pisstakes to find an answer.

LCB has just got way too big, it's one step away from becoming another barryboys.com.

Gg