PDA

View Full Version : IVA Guide in Kit Car Magazine

SeriesLandy
12th March 2010, 01:48 PM
I was flicking through kit car mag in tesco and there is a handy IVA guide in there.

One of the issues from 29th April is petrol tank in the luggage compartment. Also the filler cannot be in the luggage compartment.

I'm guessing the best way around this is to box the area in after IVA.

AshG
12th March 2010, 02:29 PM
mine is in the boot but as it wasn't boxed in on the bottom it was fine so yes you are correct.

Enoch
12th March 2010, 04:25 PM
It would be an IVA fail with good reason. The tank has to be vented to allow air in otherwise a vacuum would build up and starve the engine of fuel. If you have a vent then petrol vapours can and will escape. If these get in to an enclosed area then an explosion could easily occur. All it takes is someone walking past with a cigarette and kerbooom - as they say.
There is nothing, however, to stop you putting in a nice aero style filler after IVA and then boxing the area in, your vent would then be to the outside.
Enoch

HandyAndy
12th March 2010, 05:08 PM
There is nothing, however, to stop you putting in a nice aero style filler after IVA and then boxing the area in, your vent would then be to the outside.
Enoch

:eek: :D have you been looking at my car???? ;) :D

cheers
andy

Russ_16v
14th March 2010, 11:45 AM
have purchased said mag, looks a good read, makes my build look a bit daunting!

SeriesLandy
14th March 2010, 01:32 PM
have purchased said mag, looks a good read, makes my build look a bit daunting!

The only problem is the line "contact the kit manufacturer" as it doesn't apply to us really.

Russ_16v
14th March 2010, 06:47 PM
The only problem is the line "contact the kit manufacturer" as it doesn't apply to us really.

Very true, im looking forward to my build, i did the typical man thing, i have a 3 month old girl (our first child) and as well as working full time i have recently started my own part time business selling cars, so i thought id do the sensible thing by building a kit car also :D