PDA

View Full Version : ali side panels group buy?

carlknight1982
13th March 2010, 02:32 AM
im looking into getting some ali side panels made to book spec, as i dont have time / ability to transport large sheets of ali to make them myself, would anyone be intrested if i try to get a discount for bulk order?

i dont know any prices yet just gauging intrest

twinturbo
13th March 2010, 06:53 AM
Saturn were/are going to produce some ali pannels so may be worth asking spud about progress/pricing.

TT

carlknight1982
13th March 2010, 07:30 AM
I'm looking more at the builders in and around the london area to be honest as saturn is a long way from us down here and such parts would be a pain to post!

whats your take Andy(s) got anything in the pipe line for Ali panels?

twinturbo
13th March 2010, 08:28 AM
I guess you need to first clarify which pannels

Sides, Tub, Scuttle, Bonnet?

TT

Enoch
13th March 2010, 08:55 AM
I would possibly be interested if I could get them to my door. If I can't then I would make them myself from sheet.
Enoch

carlknight1982
13th March 2010, 10:09 AM
im looking into getting some ali side panels made to book spec, as i dont have time / ability to transport large sheets of ali to make them myself, would anyone be intrested if i try to get a discount for bulk order?

as above really,

Enoch, where are you based?

james3004
13th March 2010, 11:41 PM
I could be interested, depending on price and as enoch said delivery as they won't fit in my car

Enoch
14th March 2010, 07:15 AM
I am in Bracknell, Berkshire.
Enoch

Jezzer99
14th March 2010, 08:19 AM
Not hijacking the thread, but I think it would be cool if we could get the floor and panel behind the seat offered in ali too.

I'm in a similar situation that ali sheet just won't fit in my current car and it would be a lot easier to get it pre-cut.

I'd suggest the the floor panel is offered in 3 bits - 1 for either side and 1 for the tunnel then if people (like me) don't want the tunnel enclosed they don't have to.

So... guys at Saturn or 3GE - what do you reckon??? :D

Talonmotorsport
14th March 2010, 11:55 AM
As has been previously said the only problem with side panels is the delivery of them. If there is enough interest in them say 5-10 people then I could do a local batch run say 50-60 mile radius of me in Essex? Delivery would be all done in one day probably a weekend by me and split the cost over 5-10 sets.

carlknight1982
14th March 2010, 06:57 PM
id also be willing to look at delivering some as i could possibly drop some in during work time as i have a van for work. i travel to portsmouth, essex, sussex surrey and berkshire regualrly for work

james3004
5th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Any more thoughts on this?

david4kids
23rd May 2010, 05:49 AM

I am in Essex and would be interested in a group buy

Headshot
23rd May 2010, 07:25 AM
Any more thoughts on this?

If this falls through James, I am in your area and have a van that can carry 8x4 sheets flat on the floor, I could transport them for you in exchange for beer (if its a localish supplier)

dan_g8
23rd May 2010, 07:20 PM
i would be interested depending on price .....

Talonmotorsport
23rd May 2010, 09:14 PM
I've been thinking about doing pre-cut ali panels for a while but have been put off by the possible damage done by couriers. If I where to supply panels they would be flat blanks cut to a pattern that would have to be bent to shape either using the chassis or timber blocks. I'd deliver the panels in one day (within reason) spliting the cost of diesel over the amount of kits. I'll work out a price for each part over the next few days and post back when I have worked out a price list. Just to give you an idea of very rough costs the full kit may range from £250-350 depending on current material prices and how many I end up making.
Parts would be:
sides panels
boot/buck to book shape
2mm floor two coffin shapes type9/mt75
tranny tunnel
seat back
scuttle/bulk head

Talonmotorsport
23rd May 2010, 09:18 PM
To make it easier just reply to this post with 'quote' edit and add your name to the list to register your interest. Lets see what happens....

dan_g8
23rd May 2010, 10:02 PM
would you be willing to sell individual parts phill? im interested in the floor, seat back, not 100% sure about sides. the rest im planning on buying the fibre glass parts.

Talonmotorsport
23rd May 2010, 10:30 PM
When I've got material costs in the morning I'll post a price list of panels.

Enoch
24th May 2010, 08:05 AM
I would be interested in side panels and the back panel, I have already done the other panels. I had more or less decided on fibre glass sides but if ali is cheaper then I would prefer that.

3GE Components
24th May 2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Guys,

We costed all the panels back in the early days, side panels from memory were about £70 each, but that was 3 years ago. These were flat panels for you to fold yourself. We would need 5+ orders to do a group deal price though.

Kind regards

John

carlknight1982
24th May 2010, 12:39 PM
Nice to see your still alive and kicking John

3GE Components
24th May 2010, 01:20 PM
Nice to see your still alive and kicking John

:D I'm getting there Carl. It's not until you finish the chemotherapy you realise just how bad/low it makes you.

Kind regards

John

Talonmotorsport
24th May 2010, 07:58 PM
Spent an hour or so shopping around material suppliers on the phone and online, I have worked out how long each part will take to cut and trim etc. Prices work out as follows but only if there is enough interest in most of the parts. Panel orders will only be taken in receipt of 30% deposit or full payment by paypal.

2mm floor 2 piece coffin shaped £85

1.2 or 1.6mm side panels (1 pair) full lengh no suspension bracket holes £100

1.2mm buck/boot £60

seat back and tranny tunnel £60

Total £305

dan_g8
24th May 2010, 08:17 PM
phill, can i order seat back, tranny tunnel & floor from you. would you like deposit now or wait untill more people come along? also are you still offering delivery?

Dan

Talonmotorsport
24th May 2010, 09:00 PM
I'll wait and see who else wants what and where for the time being. I can get the price down by buying in bulk, getting a dicount as an account holder and only paying one delivery charge.

Talonmotorsport
24th May 2010, 09:34 PM
To try and keep this simple for me to follow and stop every thing getting in a mucking fuddle, if your interested in some or all of the panels on offer reply to this post with 'quote' edit it and put your user name and parts you reqiure.

1. dan_g8 floor,seat back, tranny tunnel

Talonmotorsport
27th May 2010, 10:05 PM
well that seems to answer how many are interested in a group buy for panels.