PDA

View Full Version : Roll Bar Cros Member

mr-p
15th March 2010, 01:17 PM
Hey All,

What is the spec of the tube that you have used for the cros tube on the roll bar, the book says 33.7 but doestn state a size from memory?

I guess CDS but what size??

Cheers

P.

jasongray5
15th March 2010, 01:30 PM
I think i used 3mm wall tube

Bonzo
15th March 2010, 03:27 PM
I used a spare length of the wishbone tubing that I had kicking about, 33.7 OD :)

However after a re-read of the IVA manual .... I don't think I have placed it high enough :rolleyes:

The question of cross bar tube size was talked about recently .... it would appear that my crossbar is a tad on the light side ( Can't find the thread ) :o

If I have to change the height .... Going to go for some 40mm OD tube with a wall thickness of 3mm .... Seamed or seamless tube, I doubt it will make a great deal of difference :)

mr-p
15th March 2010, 07:38 PM
Cheers, i thought I had seen a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find it. Sure someone will know.

5.5m of 38.1 x3.25 CDS £49 - does this seem good price?? Seeing as it will hold me in my seat should the fan really turn brown I dont mind the cost:D

HandyAndy
15th March 2010, 07:45 PM
I mentioned it on the other thread, so may as well say here too,

I,ve used scaffold bar, its mega thick walled ( approx 5mm ), plus it was free from some building work on the house :D

fits a treat too, nicely proportioned to the roll hoop & my back stays.

Ok ok, i know its not CDS but if the wotsit hits the fan enough for that to bend then i,ll be a gonner anyways .

cheers
andy

Enoch
15th March 2010, 08:03 PM
Handy - your scaffolder is going to be well upset when he realises you have had it away with half his scaffold:D Don't you think he might notice that it now lists at a 45 degree angle??

HandyAndy
15th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Handy - your scaffolder is going to be well upset when he realises you have had it away with half his scaffold. Don't you think he might notice that it now lists at a 45 degree angle??

:D :o

its a bit that "got left behind"..........honest guv :D

saying no more ;)

cheers
andy

mr-p
15th March 2010, 08:35 PM
Sorted:D

Standing out in the workshop having a smoke. Staring at a length of steel pipe 42.5mm OD x 3.5 wall.:rolleyes:

It has been there all along plus about another 8m that I moved out when I moved in.

HandyAndy
15th March 2010, 08:38 PM
Sorted

Standing out in the workshop having a smoke. Staring at a length of steel pipe 42.5mm OD x 3.5 wall.:rolleyes:

It has been there all along plus about another 8m that I moved out when I moved in.

:D ;)

now thats a plan :D

cheers
andy