PDA

View Full Version : Flap Disc's

tkpm
19th March 2010, 03:06 PM
I know this was talked about before, but i can't the link.

But what is the best disc to use to clean up welds, as i intend to start fully welding my chassis weekend after next.

Cheers
Terry

flyerncle
19th March 2010, 03:14 PM
I personally used a grinder first and then the flap disc to polish the heavy grind marks out.

Tatey
19th March 2010, 03:34 PM
I recently bought some Dronco Ceramic Flap Discs, cost about £3.50 from weldequip's shop on the MIG Welding forum, but they are really good, last a lot longer than normal flap discs and take off a lot more material.

SeriesLandy
19th March 2010, 04:40 PM
I recently bought some Dronco Ceramic Flap Discs, cost about £3.50 from weldequip's shop on the MIG Welding forum, but they are really good, last a lot longer than normal flap discs and take off a lot more material.
There the ones that i've got and they are good but expensive.

I also have used the dronco stainless steel 1mm cutting discs and they are fab, worth the £1 each. recently bought some "newflex" ones off eBay and they are ok but don't last long. They were £15 for 50 (posted).

Tatey
19th March 2010, 04:50 PM
I have the exact same cutting discs, They seem to last a fair while, I haven't had anything to compare them to as they are my first every set of cutting discs.