PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Relays

deezee
22nd March 2010, 10:41 PM
Right, I've been having trouble with my relays. I thought I understood the Sierra fusebox. However one relay "Engine Management" which I was using for my megajolt and fuel pump works in reverse! It cuts power when the ignition is turned to start?

Why is there a relay that cuts power when the engine is cranking? What was then originally connected too? I've double checked the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual and the only relay shown like that is the dim/dip.... which it defiantly is not.

Can I just replace this relay, or is something SUPPOSED to have its power cut when cranking?

twinturbo
22nd March 2010, 10:47 PM
What year, what engine, what relay.

TT

deezee
22nd March 2010, 10:54 PM
Fusebox is off a 1992 1.8CVH. Relay is called Engine Management in the Haynes Manual. It had a fuel pump feed coming off it, but the car never had a fuel pump fitted.

deezee
22nd March 2010, 11:00 PM
Alternatively does anyone have a Sierra fusebox they don't need?

twinturbo
22nd March 2010, 11:04 PM
whats its position according to the fusebox lid, forget haynes it's usless for wiring.

TT

deezee
23rd March 2010, 02:57 PM
I've collared a photo off Google and highlighted the relay thats called Engine Management. Like I said in my first post, the Haynes wiring diagram clearly shows it operates the fuel pump when the ignition is on, but its live all the time and cuts power when the engine is cranking?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4457381072_d68c9e3347_o.jpg

twinturbo
23rd March 2010, 06:51 PM
Relay D - Engine Management

Supplys power to the choke bimetalic strip.

Controled from pin 25 on the ESC-Hybrid.

TT