PDA

View Full Version : adjustable wishbones :( fitting help

layotn20
27th March 2010, 04:34 PM
iv got some adjustable rear lower wishbones for the toeing in and out, obviously got rose joints on the end. whats the best way to mount them for iva and has any1 got any pictures of some setup?

twinturbo
27th March 2010, 05:06 PM
they the ones from ebay the other day?

TT

layotn20
27th March 2010, 06:24 PM
they the ones from ebay the other day?

TT

nah mate my chassis is the old 3ge chassis wiv inboard suspension, which come with the wishbones.

layotn20
27th March 2010, 06:34 PM
this is what iv done so far. but not sure if its acceptable as the rose joint whole is bigger than the allthread so might move about in time, ok at the minute.

flyerncle
27th March 2010, 09:19 PM
Try McGill motorsport for the right spacers

layotn20
27th March 2010, 09:51 PM

the spacers are fine to be honnest. what the problem is that the allthread that goes through the up right is the right size diameter but the rose joint hole is larger so theres play between the allthread and rose joint hole. if that makes sences?

twinturbo
27th March 2010, 09:57 PM
need a bush tube then.

TT

layotn20
27th March 2010, 10:07 PM
need a bush tube then.

TT

tried same thing happens. the rose joint hole is bigger than the thread so it moves round on the thread heres a pik

layotn20
27th March 2010, 10:17 PM

just looked on that site are you on about misalignment spacers/reducers?

SeriesLandy
27th March 2010, 10:35 PM
Different rose joint with a smaller hole????

layotn20
27th March 2010, 10:39 PM
Different rose joint with a smaller hole????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280474591608&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT just bought these. hopefully that will do. this as give me a head ache all day :)

ozzy1
27th March 2010, 11:58 PM
Personally i would buy some rose joints with the right size hole in. 1/2" will be too big as its 12.7mm and the bolt holes in the brackets are 12mm.

flyerncle
28th March 2010, 09:51 AM
Yes that is the one but now seeing your problem Steve is probably right in thinking new joints to fit the bolt you are using.

I used a 240mm long cap screw for the lower bolt( high tensile steel)

It is better to use something not completely threaded,the difference between screw and bolt.

fabbyglass
28th March 2010, 04:49 PM
Sleeve the imperial rod ends as most metric rod ends are not rated the same.

layotn20
30th March 2010, 09:54 AM
my reducers i ordered have come today really good fit. if i use these will they be ok for the iva man.

layotn20
31st March 2010, 04:50 PM
reducers turned up, and there rubbish. ordered some 240mm tensile steel bolts there to long. im really getting annoyed now nothing is going right :mad:
because the bolts are to long for the bottom of the up right can i just use the bush tubes as spacers??
also ordered 2x240mm tensile steel bolts for rear diff/bracketts same case here bolts are about 20mm to long. can i space these with bush tubes also??(is that ok for iva man)

when i say to long i mean all the thread is through the other side and some of the smooth shaft of the bolt, so obviously if i got to tighten the bolt up it wont because there isn't enough thread. if that makes any sense.

Bonzo
31st March 2010, 05:48 PM
The original diff mounting bolts were M12 X 210mm & they are plenty long enough for the job

Some better pictures of your rear suspension set up would be helpfull so as folk can give you some more detailed advice ;) :)

layotn20
31st March 2010, 07:01 PM
is all thread for the diff brackets iva passible?

fabbyglass
31st March 2010, 08:55 PM
Rather than have a damn great long bolt thru the bottom of the upright(which to me seems a bit of a bodge) why not have a machined insert either side so all you need are two shorter bolts to keep things together. Said inserts can form the inner sleeve for the rod end with a smaller thread internally.

les g
31st March 2010, 10:41 PM
i,m sorry to tell you what you have bought are wrong for the job
misalignment spacers fit small diameter to small diameter to allow
maximum swivel/displacement of the rosejoint without it binding on
the fixings .
you need to either purchase rosejoints with an eye the same size as the bolts
you need for the upright or get a bush/sleeze made up to slip inside the
eye of the rosejoint (as TT and Fabby said) to reduce the inner diameter down to the diameter of the bolt.
if you do this they should be a really tight fit into the eye of the rosejoint
(interference or press fit )that is the only way you will overcome your problem
i hope that helps
cheers les g

layotn20
2nd April 2010, 09:40 AM
cheers for all your help. i made a daft mistake lolll by using m10 thread instead of m12, so problem solved now thank god :)