PDA

View Full Version : First Proper Run

AshG
28th March 2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys

took the car out today on its first proper all legal run. managed to do 80miles just going round friends houses etc. she run spot on and didnt miss a beat. the suspension was a bit hard to start off. i had it on 13clicks droped it down to 8 and it was instantly better, may click it up to 9 on the back but will see how it goes.

its so adictive im tempted to go out again in a min. fuel economy seems ok too, did 80miles and used less than half a tank.

its fun at the moment and very fast in the corners but i can tell that it wont be long before i want some more straight line power :D

fabbyglass
28th March 2010, 07:06 PM
Tickety boo meduck....remember bhp is just pub talk mate...;)

frankie boy
28th March 2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Guys

took the car out today on its first proper all legal run. managed to do 80miles just going round friends houses etc. she run spot on and didnt miss a beat. the suspension was a bit hard to start off. i had it on 13clicks droped it down to 8 and it was instantly better, may click it up to 9 on the back but will see how it goes.

its so adictive im tempted to go out again in a min. fuel economy seems ok too, did 80miles and used less than half a tank.

its fun at the moment and very fast in the corners but i can tell that it wont be long before i want some more straight line power :D

HI Ash
Your so right there very addictive. That why have coved over 5000 miles in mine so far:) . For builders who have driven a roadster wouldn’t understand how well they drive and handle. As for fast you would need to spend a lot of money on a production car to match. Just put my car back in the garage and will be hoping for a warm day so I can go to work in it this week.:D

dogwood
28th March 2010, 07:28 PM
Good on ya mate.
Not before time though hu???:D

HandyAndy
28th March 2010, 07:47 PM
nice one Ash , :cool:

sounds like you,ve had a great day, 15 months of blood / sweat & no doubt the odd tear , oh & a hospital visit :eek: must,ve been left behind in your garage as you enjoyed your drive :cool:

envious of you :)

enjoy the summer.

cheers
andy

AshG
28th March 2010, 07:57 PM
managed to get another quick run in. got 15mins away from the house and it started spitting, so turned round and come home, just as i put the car away in the garage the heavens opened. did quite well today no rain at all especially considering that they said on the weather report that it was going to be showers all day.

twinturbo
28th March 2010, 08:43 PM
managed to get another quick run in. got 15mins away from the house and it started spitting, so turned round and come home, just as i put the car away in the garage the heavens opened. did quite well today no rain at all especially considering that they said on the weather report that it was going to be showers all day.

I thought you meant the car was spitting at 1st..

You chicken, should have stayed out in it :D

TT

twinturbo
28th March 2010, 08:47 PM
As for fast you would need to spend a lot of money on a production car to match.

My roadster estimate 150BHP @ .6T
My Tintop ( the most powerful one in the fleet ) 250BHP @ 1.3T

Roadster 250BHP/t
Tintop 192BHP/t

Mind you the tintop will have cost about £1500 by the time it's on the road again...

They will probably be quite closely matched as the tintop is a TwinTurbo XR4x4 and they grip briliantly..

TT

fabbyglass
28th March 2010, 08:47 PM
Come on Ash you ride bikes mate what's wrong witha bit of rain....:)

twinturbo
28th March 2010, 08:56 PM
Perhaps he has not drilled the obligatory holes in the floor pan as yet...

Bikes tend to shead water.... Mobile buckets on the other hand :p

TT

slimtater
28th March 2010, 08:58 PM
Rain? Spitting?

HELLO!! :p
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/HAYNES002.JPG

AshG
28th March 2010, 09:08 PM
no holes in the floor yet an havent waterproofed the hazard switch yet, got water/snow in it going to iva and had to be replaced dont want to replace another one yet.

slimtater
28th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Suppose mine helped having bike switches. If you keep moving, the snow/rain can't catch you!!

HandyAndy
28th March 2010, 09:23 PM
Suppose mine helped having bike switches. If you keep moving, the snow/rain can't catch you!!

Try it on 2 wheels in the snow & rain :eek: :eek: brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "butt clenching" :D I raced at the "Plum Pudding Race" on boxing day at Mallory Park, did it once...never again:eek:

cheers
andy

Bonzo
29th March 2010, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys

Way to go Ash .... Rack those miles up mate :cool:

You worked very hard on your build, now you can reap the rewards :) :)

dogwood
29th March 2010, 07:34 PM
Just to hijack your post Ash....
I took mine for its first run today as well
OK it was only up the drive but at least it was under it's own steam

AshG
29th March 2010, 09:56 PM
good news im guessing the new engine is ok then? what are you going to do about that mahoosive hole in the bonnet now that you have gone back to carb?

fabbyglass
29th March 2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds like there will be a few road legal roadsters terrorising her Maj's highways this year then....tickety boo and the pedal on the right is supposed to touch the floor at all times in all gears...I would do it in my bus but when it hits the magic 55 it develops power steering so kinda calms me down a bit as all gets a wee bit vague and goes where it feels like.:D So I plod and have this huge line of annoyed folk behind me while I laugh me head off at them:D

fabbyglass
29th March 2010, 10:12 PM
Slow it might be but there's beer in the fridge and nowt like stopping when yer feel like a bacon buttie and a wee nap afterwards....:cool: The downer is it's love of petrol...24 on a run:eek: but heyo at least I slow everyone else down:D

dogwood
30th March 2010, 08:37 AM
what are you going to do about that mahoosive hole in the bonnet now that you have gone back to carb?

That was going to be a stumper.
Thought of all sorts of ideas.
In the end our Jill came up with the best idea.
Just cut out an over sized plate and rivit it over the ole.
Don't look half bad actualy. Still got the air filter coming through it.

At least it'll give me a chance to think whether to stick with the carb
or go to the Injection.
I'f i do stick with the carb, then I'll make a new bonnet up.

When the price of alloy comes down of course.....:mad:

AshG
30th March 2010, 01:21 PM
im glad i stockpiled my ali when it was cheep as i need to close up my rear tub im sure its acting like a parachute and slowing me down.

HandyAndy
30th March 2010, 01:58 PM
im glad i stockpiled my ali when it was cheep as i need to close up my rear tub im sure its acting like a parachute and slowing me down.

:D :D No Ash, it,ll be the Pinto thats slowing you down :p :D

cheers
andy

Coozer
30th March 2010, 02:49 PM
At least it'll give me a chance to think whether to stick with the carb
or go to the Injection.
:

Bike carbs is the best option, I have spent the last few months installing injection and regret the whole episode. Not worth the hassle for the extra 5bhp...

Steve.

dogwood
30th March 2010, 04:35 PM
No Ash, it,ll be the Pinto thats slowing you down

cheers
andy

OOOOOOH....Slapping for that one hu Ash?:eek:

fabbyglass
30th March 2010, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=AshG;35174]im glad i stockpiled my ali when it was cheep as i need to close up my rear tub im sure its acting like a parachute and slowing me down.[/QUOTE

Vent the rear panel Ash, an old customer of mine who races in Ireland did that to his ali back panel and swore blind it gave him the edge of the rest..but then he didn't know what the middle pedal was for and nailed the one on the right to the floor:cool: