PDA

View Full Version : Wishbone Seamless Tube Price

Tatey
9th April 2010, 05:29 PM
How much does everyone tend to pay for the seamless tube? I've worked out you need 4m of 25mm outside diameter and 2m of 19mm outside diameter. I rang up my local supplier and they quoted me:

£26 for 6m of the 19mm OD seamless with a 3mm wall thickness
£43 for 6m of the 25mm OD seamless with a 3mm wall thickness

Do these prices seem reasonable to people? It would mean that my wishbones would come in at a total of £130 including the threaded tube, wishbone plates, bush tubes and seamless tube, with lots of extra 19mm seamless and 2m of 25mm seamless spare.

Also what wall thickness does the seamless tube need to be? I can't seem to find the number in the book, so I guessed at 2mm and 3mm, but my supplier doesn't stock 2mm.

geeman
9th April 2010, 05:38 PM
i got my seamless from a local farm who seemed to have excess seamless left over. I got all the seamless i needed for the wishbones for £25, and the guy cut it into 450mm lengths for me.

Also i asked some places for 19mm, and they said the didnt have any but then asked for 3/4 in and they did. so ask for 3/4 in and 1in tubing as well as i found some suppliers dont realise that those are usually the same.

AshG
9th April 2010, 08:16 PM
you only need 3m of 19mm for the upper bones you want 6m for the lower ones though.

ringwood engineering are the people i got mine from