PDA

View Full Version : Another build up for sale.

twinturbo
13th April 2010, 11:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Haynes-Roadster-Chassis-and-many-parts_W0QQitemZ290424314501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439ea35a85

TT

gingea1pom
13th April 2010, 12:14 PM
Wow that’s a lot of stuff. I recon you could have that finished in a month.

Is it any one we know?

Things like this always make me wonder how many builders are out there struggling on without the help of the forum. I don’t think I would have even started if it wasn’t for the forum.

Cheers Ginge

mark
13th April 2010, 12:20 PM
Thats a bargain, anyone who is silently skulking in the backround of this forum thinking about building, go and buy that lot and get stuck in :D

deezee
13th April 2010, 12:38 PM
Wow, lots of stuff there, but I still think its going to take loads more cash and certainly more than a month. If you actually look into it, there is a huge pile of work there. I reckon if I was to right out bullet points.... I could highlight hundreds of hours work on that.

spud69
13th April 2010, 12:57 PM
You're right there Deezee, after a quick look there is still bodywork, dampers and lights to buy - £1500 + other odds and sods + a lot more still to do.

Gets somebody a good start though but maybe over priced.

AndyH

twinturbo
13th April 2010, 01:25 PM
Well it says offers.....

There's a pair of KPD seats that sell for 150, the pinto and carbs is worth quite a bit, surprised be got the carbs and manifold for 250 TBH..

TT

flyerncle
13th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Could be wrong but I think this has been on fleabay before,still a shame that its not going to be completed by the guy.

CaptainCrash1971
24th April 2010, 05:19 PM
I have agreed to purchase this set up from the owner. There's loads of stuff all over his garage in boxes that wasn't in the ad. Managed to haggle him down a few hundred quid too, wasn't willing to pay the full £1475. I'm picking it up on Monday, so will report back when I have my hands on the bounty to let you know how much work there is to do. Needless to say I'll be paying Saturn a visit for any extras I need and for bodywork.
Can't wait to get started.:D :D
Alan

twinturbo
24th April 2010, 06:29 PM
Excelent :)

TT

Broadley Roadster
24th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Its really sad to see another build up for sale. (but a new one born) I have really been stuggling for time and motivation on my own build recently hence the lack of time on this site (Spikehaas) Dont even have time so sort out why I can't log into my old account?

Stoneleigh is creeping near, this always spurs us on. Shame I can only make Monday. Good luck to however wins that lot. It looks a great deal!

K4KEV
25th April 2010, 09:13 PM
jammy bugger:D :D :D

CaptainCrash1971
26th April 2010, 06:35 PM
Picked up the chassis and parts today. Here's what I got
Chassis - almost complete, needs a couple plates/brackets
1.8 Pinto engine and Type 9 gearbox
Twin 40 DCOE Weber carbs and manifold
Set of Chrome headlights
Rest of donor parts needed including V5 and VIN plate etc.
2 bought front wishbones, 2 home made
Pair of new seats and runners
Rear wishbones.
Rear uprights in kit form (need welding)
Pedal box back plate
Mushrooms
New steering rack & rack extensions and rack clamps
Maxi balljoints
Full set of suspension bushes
Track rod ends.
Rear arm top adjusters
Plus loads and loads of other bits and pieces that may be needed. Some of the above stuff I'll be selling on as they'll not be used. I'll put some pics on soon, just waiting for my shed to come so I can clear out the garage.
Oh yeah, and part of the deal involved buying an engine hoist off the guy, so that'll save a load of grief.

HandyAndy
26th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Thats a great start to your build :cool:
you,ll be on the road in no time :)

cheers
andy

twinturbo
26th April 2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds good..

TT

spud69
26th April 2010, 07:58 PM
Well done that's a hell of a start CC.

I think HAndy might be losing his crown soon.

AndyH