PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Arch Position

davidimurray
15th April 2010, 08:03 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a dimension. I'm trying to get as much of my chassis welding done as possible before painting. As such I'm trying to work out where to mount my silencer.

I will be using the saturn rear arches, which are 11.5" wide(I think, not got them yet). Would it be possible for someone to measure the distance from the rear face of BR12 to the front edge of the rear arches so I can work out where to put the silencer?

Cheers

Dave

spud69
15th April 2010, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a dimension. I'm trying to get as much of my chassis welding done as possible before painting. As such I'm trying to work out where to mount my silencer.

I will be using the saturn rear arches, which are 11.5" wide(I think, not got them yet). Would it be possible for someone to measure the distance from the rear face of BR12 to the front edge of the rear arches so I can work out where to put the silencer?

Cheers

Dave

No problem Dave, i shall do it tomorrow.

Good thinking though, when i did my first car i sat the silencer to far along the side not thinking about the wheel arch and ended up having to cut out the rear wing to go round the silencer. Still looks alright though.....:cool:

AndyH

davidimurray
15th April 2010, 09:17 PM
Brilliant - I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for checking this out. Going for a hardcore weekend on the car - fri, sat and sunday and even dragging my girlfriend along with her paintbrush!!!

spud69
16th April 2010, 09:34 AM
Morning David,

Rear wheel arches are 29" in diameter so 15" clearance from the center of your rear upright will leave just enough clearance. The distance to the front of the wheel arch from BR12 is, on mine, 8" but shouldn't vary too much.

Hope this helps.....AndyH

davidimurray
16th April 2010, 12:33 PM
That's brilliant, just what I need. Thanks for measuring that.