PDA

View Full Version : New Start

TOLiSGR
22nd April 2010, 02:52 PM
Hello people.. after things went awfully bad, I had to stop all my projects.. and recently I moved to Germany...

so... till I finish moving and start working, I have some free time to do some research..

anyone have any ideas if you can register a roadster here?

HandyAndy
22nd April 2010, 03:17 PM
Hi,

I,ve not heard of anyone registering a "home built" car in Germany, but there are a few builders in Sweden so maybe they can help with info,
also I,ve heard that Holland has a system for registering home built cars,

OR .....build your car, come over to the UK for a Holiday with car on a trailer & get it tested here

cheers
andy

TOLiSGR
22nd April 2010, 04:08 PM
heh.. that was my initial plan ;) but I've seen a few "kit-cars" in Germany so there may be a way to register something home-built here too... we'll see :) :) I'll try finishing my own designs too as soon as I get into a proper house here etc etc.... but I think I'd build a Roadster first :D

teun
22nd April 2010, 08:28 PM
Here in Holland also a problem. It is possible but will cost over €1000.:mad:
The England way is not longer possible for a car build after 1997. So the only way is to get the paperwork from a seven car before 1997. (sssssssst tell nobody) or pay a lot of money for the registration. If you import a seven car here in holland from before 1997 the cost would be € 200. I did it last year with a westfield.

TOLiSGR
24th April 2010, 11:56 PM
Well.. to be honest.. even 1000E doesn't sound a lot to me (in Greece, registering something homemade is impossible.. and importing a car - whatever it is - is a costly option..) so.. having the pleasure of driving something I made (legally :P ..) justifies 1000E .. it doesn't justify a lot more though.. and I'm afraid it would in Germany :(