PDA

View Full Version : powder coating

steve8274
23rd April 2010, 09:26 PM
hi
i am looking to have my suspension arms powder coated and was wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere locally in north west region and roughly what sort of cost would it be?
initially i had the idea of painting them, so if they chipped, they could be touched up easier but have since been informed powder coating is the way to go
any advice appreciated
steve

ozzy1
24th April 2010, 07:20 AM
What about doing it yourself with one of those kits tested in CKC recently? Ad near the back of mag somewhere.

CaptainCrash1971
24th April 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi Steve
I'm buying one of them powder coating kits next weekend at the stoneleigh show, should be ready to have a go on my own bones within a week or two, so will be able to do yours if you can wait a couple of weeks. I live in north east, would just mean a nice little ride out for you, or a few quid postage.
Alan

twinturbo
24th April 2010, 12:28 PM
Will be interesting to see the results.

TT

CaptainCrash1971
24th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'll reserve judgement till I've tried it on my own wishbones. Reports so far have been very favourable, and when I was shown one in use at a show last year it seemed very simple and effective.
I'll report back when I've bought it and had a wee play.

trickydicky0_16
24th April 2010, 04:39 PM
A proper job should acid etch primer, zinc rich powder,and the top coat of colour. try and find a small coating firm who will accept some cash. Just a top coat should be know more than £20-30 for full set

deezee
26th April 2010, 10:16 AM
I used a company in Ellesmere Port called Pitchford and Sons. They were really quick. I'd already blasted the stuff, so it was just etched, primed and coated. Paid £30 cash I think.