PDA

View Full Version : full roll cage

bigyorkie
29th April 2010, 06:35 PM
can anyone help with a question.

i want to fit a full cage i.e 6 mounting points but am a bit concerned about the interior projections come iva time i will not hava a screen but there would be a bar running across the top at the front. i dont really want to wait till after iva to put the front half on as its more cost effective to do it now,

cheers guys

dogwood
29th April 2010, 10:03 PM
No interior projections on mine.

Didn't fit it till after the SVA though.
Have no reason to think it wouldn't pass IVA
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/006.jpg

tex
30th April 2010, 11:11 AM
it really would be easier to leave the cage off till after IVA in my opinion - you could have bolt on plates ready to bolt the cage into tho.. the wety cage in mine has a square 4 bolt mount on top of the rear bulkhead behind seats - diagonals run down to the tank area - the front mounts outside the scuttle in the top rail - can you add bolt holes? simply bolt it on then - make it before hand to get it to fit then take it off to make sure they dont fail on something you didnt expect

axle
3rd May 2010, 09:23 PM
hi
Does this mean the roll cage is not an iva requirement?

Tatey
3rd May 2010, 09:29 PM
Rollcages and rollbars are not a requirement for the IVA test. I will be getting a full cage made for me and fully welded onto my chassis in the next few months once I have the funds together.

From what I have read, a rollcage should not cause any extra issues for IVA, as long as any projects on it have the correct radius, so if you were to bolt it on then you will need bolt covers etc.