look on hgvdirect or local hgv/trailer websites
the best price i saw was £16 a pair
thats hell of a good difference
cheers les g

" THAT WILL MAKE HANDY ANDY PROUD OF ME "
IT MUST OF RUBBED OFF AT THE WEEKEND

HandyAndy
4th May 2010, 12:06 PM
Thats a great price Les :cool: we must,ve been standing too close under Davey,s awning ......bargain hunting skills rubbing off etc

I,ve always wanted an Oil catch tank from CBS.....£56 GULP.... got a phone call from Spud yesterday saying they were selling them at half price......I RAN to their stand & bought the last but one =£28...no postage...MY kinda bargain :D

Les, as per the "book" we,re all building from ..."Build a sports car on a budget"......maybe my copy of the book should read " Build a sports car on NO budget" :o

was great to meet you & TJ at long last.:cool:

cheers
andy

les g
4th May 2010, 12:19 PM
Thats a great price Les :cool: we must,ve been standing too close under Davey,s awning ......bargain hunting skills rubbing off etc

I,ve always wanted an Oil catch tank from CBS.....£56 GULP.... got a phone call from Spud yesterday saying they were selling them at half price......I RAN to their stand & bought the last but one =£28...no postage...MY kinda bargain

Les, as per the "book" we,re all building from ..."Build a sports car on a budget"......maybe my copy of the book should read " Build a sports car on NO budget"

was great to meet you & TJ at long last.:cool:

cheers
andy

i think i blew the frigging budget out the window at the show
and it definitely rubbed off i even asked for a discount off my dash, after i showed spud the one we were gonna have and he bought one if you dont ask etc.
i put my discount to good use though.....it helped part fund a billet aluminium start button yummy and nerdy but i could not resist it..:cool:
nice to meet you and your brother it seemed everyone rubbed along really great
and a big thanks to Mightymouth for the cheap laptop we downloaded the pictures from Stoneleigh onto it last night (after the chinky) and all seems
really good.....now just got to wait for Davey to read this post and offer me a cheap inverter ;) and i can use it in the van.
cheers les g

Bonzo
4th May 2010, 12:26 PM
Well spotted Les :)

Here's a Link to HGV Direct

Cheeseburger lights (http://www.hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/cheeseburger-lamp-bulb-type-no-number-plate-illumination-p-101292.html)

I think Andy must have infected me too !! .... Never bought anything.

We must have drunk from each others cups .... I spent nowt & Andy went on a spending spree :D :D :confused:

les g
4th May 2010, 11:28 PM
have also found the
cheeseburger/hamburger lights in LED format 12v waiting for a reply on price..
also square and oblong combined led tail lightsi,ll get TJ to post up a picture and linky and price when i get the info
cheers les g

Davey
5th May 2010, 07:03 AM
i think i blew the frigging budget out the window at the show
and it definitely rubbed off i even asked for a discount off my dash, after i showed spud the one we were gonna have and he bought one if you dont ask etc.
i put my discount to good use though.....it helped part fund a billet aluminium start button yummy and nerdy but i could not resist it..:cool:
nice to meet you and your brother it seemed everyone rubbed along really great
and a big thanks to Mightymouth for the cheap laptop we downloaded the pictures from Stoneleigh onto it last night (after the chinky) and all seems
really good.....now just got to wait for Davey to read this post and offer me a cheap inverter ;) and i can use it in the van.
cheers les g

I wouldn't bother with a cheap inverter Les, laptop power supplies don't usually like the quasi sinewave output and generally run a fair bit hotter than when on pure sinewive like the mains at home. I too bought one of Mighty Mouth's laptops for workshop duites and its working like a charm, battery life is looking acceptable too as I spent an hour surfing the net on it at work yesterday and the battery indicator still showed over 80% afterwards. I'm searching for a 12 volt psu for mine and if I find one I'll pm you the details.

D.

Davey
5th May 2010, 07:10 AM
Hi again Les, it appears Maplin have a DC-DC psu with the Dell power tip. Here's the link:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44736

D.

les g
5th May 2010, 10:23 PM
cheers Davey
Aunty Sarah works in a shop next door to a Maplins
i,ll send her on a mission next week when she gets back from her hols
cheers les g

twinturbo
5th May 2010, 10:49 PM
Has anyone got a pic of these fitted to a 7?

TT

alga
6th May 2010, 12:08 AM
I saw the hamburgers at the back of an HGV once... 3 of them at each side.

As for the inverter, a Locost way to get one is to use and old UPS unit. Just rip the dead battery out, connect a fat lead with the lighter socket connector to the battery terminals, and make an "extension cord" from the UPS output connector to the wall socket extension. My Locost inverter did not quite work out, as the tiny 280 VA UPS gets kicked out by my laptop's PSU starting current. Though it works fine with my wife's.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_XtPWqWgTC0Y/S-H5xYufsVI/AAAAAAAAAp8/NsYAJuzzypw/s400/DSC_6373.jpg

les g
6th May 2010, 10:14 PM
Has anyone got a pic of these fitted to a 7?

TT

Hi TT
yep sure have
but i,m a dunce with a puta (could do with some of your tutoring )
TJ is back tomorrow and i,ll get him to post a couple of pictures
for you..
and it looks i like i can get the LED ones through work for about £29 each
a saving of £20 on a pair from Stafford Vehicle Components
You can find these lights yourself from any factor who stocks the durite range
or from the HTS catalogue
cheers les g