PDA

View Full Version : Suspension bolt kit group buy

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 03:20 PM
I will soon be ready to bolt all of my suspension back on, for the last time :cool:

Although I have plenty of bolts, unfortunately, they are set bolts & I personaly, don't think it too wise to use them !!

Most of you will be aware, if fixings are bought in larger quantitys, it tends to work out a lot cheaper ;)

Have gauged some prices & here's what I have come up with.

Full suspension & diff mounting Kit

2, M12 X 260mm bolts ( Rear uprights )

2, M12 X 200mm bolts ( Diff mounts )

20, M12 X 75mm bolts ( Wishbones, rear camber adjusters & Lower rear shock mounts )

6, M12 X 60mm bolts ( Front shocks & rear upper shocks )

30 M12 Nyloc nuts, Type p, 14mm thick

60 M12 Flat washers ( One for each side of the bolt ) Form A 24mm od, 2.5mm thick

60 M12 Black plastic nut covers

I have costed each kit at about £22.50 - £25 Max, dependent on postage cost.

To make full use of buying full boxes of the longer bolts ( This is where the bulk of the cost is ), I will need to find enough interest to shift 10 sets .

I am quite happy to organise a group buy as it may help others avoid the headache of finding the long bolts & paying through the nose by buying small quantitys :)

Any thoughts welcome.

Edit
Just to add, the bolts will be High Tensile 8.8 grade & all bolts, nuts & washers will be Bright Zinc Plated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Edit

Here's the list so far

1: Bonzo + nut covers

2: Tatey + nut covers + Plain nut set

3: Greasemonkey + nut covers

4: KenK + nut covers + Plain nut set

5: les g + nut covers

6: HandyAndy + nut covers

7: CarlKnight1982 + nut covers

8: David 17

9: Luke2482 + nut covers

10: Ginger Nutter + nut covers

11: Geeman + nut covers

12: Tkpm + nut covers + Plain nut set

13: onedayTM + nut covers + Plain nut set

14: Ozzy1

15: Hoybi
-----------------------------------------

If any of you are confused about the nut covers, please read further down the thread.

I have found a cheaper source for most of the fixings in addition to a low cost source of M12 plastic nut covers .... Looks as if I can include nut covers without increasing the kit price :)

Tatey
9th May 2010, 03:38 PM
Count me in Bonzo!

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Tatey

I think the best thing to do is start a list of folk that are interested :)

If anyone thinks the quantity or any of the sizes are wrong let me know .... It can be ammended accordingly & should not affect the price.

If you want in, just add your name to the list :)

1: Bonzo

2: Tatey

3: Greasemonkey

greasemonkey
9th May 2010, 04:29 PM
me to please:)

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 04:49 PM
me to please:)

Added to list :)

Prices are based on the lowest price that I can find at the moment

Rest assured, i'll continue hunting & will get to my local wholesaler to see if I can get a better price break. ;)

Determined to get the cost down, as low as possible :)

KenK
9th May 2010, 05:46 PM
Me too please, thanks

4: KenK

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 06:00 PM
Nice one KenK

I think One more & I will go ahead & order up .... I can then leave this offer open untill all 10 sets are gone :)

Now the good news

I have found a cheaper source for all of the fastenings except the longest bolts.

This stockist also has the Plastic nut covers at a very good price ( Some required fro IVA puposes )

Would folk like the appropiate nut covers included or would you prefer a lower, kit price ?

It would also be great if someone has an idea of exactly what nuts need to be covered .... It would be a real pitty not to order enogh if that's what folk want ;)

Tatey
9th May 2010, 06:22 PM
Id prefer for the nut covers to be included please Bonzo. I'll need them eventually and I can't see it costing much extra.

I know for certain that the roll bar bolts need to be covered (however i wont be needing these as my roll cage will be fully welded in).

les g
9th May 2010, 06:24 PM
Me too please, thanks

5: les g & the nut covers please

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 06:29 PM
You are dead right there Tatey, some nut covers will be needed for IVA

Being as I have managed to find a lower cost source for most of the fixings, i'll be able to include nut covers without increasing the original estimated cost of the bolt kit ( If that's what folk prefer ) :cool:

I'll have a study of some post IVA buid pics & see if I can work out what nuts need to be covered ;)

Tatey
9th May 2010, 06:32 PM
Bonzo i've had an idea, i'm not sure if others will want to to it. But what about also including the required number of plain M12 nuts, so that we can save the nylocs for the final fitting and just use plain nuts, since they will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times?

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 06:34 PM
Ok Les :)

I'll get on the case in the morning.

In the meanwhile, i'll double check the bolt lengths are correct .... Don't want too much thread showing or even worse, not enough ;)

With a little luck, I can get all of the fixings in during next week :cool:

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 06:50 PM
Bonzo i've had an idea, i'm not sure if others will want to to it. But what about also including the required number of plain M12 nuts, so that we can save the nylocs for the final fitting and just use plain nuts, since they will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times?

I havn't got a problem doing that Tatey

Buying in bulk, the plain BZP full nuts work out about 5p each ;)

Quite happy to make each order up to suit the individual within reason :)

Tis time I stocked up the workshop anyways .... stacks of set bolts here but not a lot else :eek:

HandyAndy
9th May 2010, 06:56 PM
can i have a full set too please, mine have been on and off too many times so time for a new set,
covers too please.

thanks

andy

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 07:10 PM
No problem Andy

Added to the list mate .... Now get your thinking head on & help me work out how many nut covers are likely to be needed for each car's suspension :D :D

1: Bonzo + nut covers

2: Tatey + nut covers

5: les g + nut covers

6: HandyAndy + nut covers

7: CarlKnight1982 + nut covers

HandyAndy
9th May 2010, 07:16 PM
No problem Andy

.... Now get your thinking head on & help me work out how many nut covers are likely to be needed for each car's suspension :D :D

Ok will do :)
but don,t forget that the IVA man doesn,t require nut covers on bolts/nuts that are not reachable with the radius sphere, in fact i,ve read somewhere that an IVA tester likes to see the head of bolts & lock nuts showing the strength stamp without having to remove a cover to check.

cheers
andy

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Yes I have read that too .... My intention is to take all of my nut covers with me at the time of IVA & fit them once the tester has inspected the fixings ;)

HandyAndy
9th May 2010, 07:24 PM
Yes I have read that too .... My intention is to take all of my nut covers with me at the time of IVA & fit them once the tester has inspected the fixings ;)

That is a very good idea :cool:
its always a good idea to cover ones nuts :D

cheers
andy

dogwood
9th May 2010, 07:41 PM
Just a point on exposing you're nuts.....:eek:
On Ash's test, the dear tester made us remove all the covers.
So Ash had to completely expose his nuts.
It was bloody freezing that day as well......:rolleyes: :D

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 07:55 PM
Trust you David :D :D

That's probably where I read about exposing your nuts.

Twas about then I hatched the cunning plan to leave my nuts exposed for the tester & cover them up once he'd seen them :eek: :D

carlknight1982
9th May 2010, 08:10 PM
Im in for a set please mate + Covers

alga
9th May 2010, 08:33 PM
My back of the envelope calculation puts the weight of the kit at around 3200 g, which means postage would be around £20 if split into two Airmail small packets. I guess that leaves me out :(

I think the rear upright lower bolt will be shorter. Upright - 120 mm. 2 bushes: 100 mm. 2 washers - 3 mm. Nylock nut - 12 mm. 2 more spins of the thread - 3.5 mm. Total: 238.5 mm. Seeing as this is the bolt that interferes with 14" steel wheels for some people, I'd keep it at minimum.

I would also suggest adding front upright strut pinch bolts, M12x45, to the kit.

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 08:33 PM
Im in for a set please mate + Covers

Added to the list mate :)

I have put a copy of the list in the first post of this thread ;)

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 08:47 PM
My back of the envelope calculation puts the weight of the kit at around 3200 g, which means postage would be around £20 if split into two Airmail small packets. I guess that leaves me out :(

I think the rear upright lower bolt will be shorter. Upright - 120 mm. 2 bushes: 100 mm. 2 washers - 3 mm. Nylock nut - 12 mm. 2 more spins of the thread - 3.5 mm. Total: 238.5 mm. Seeing as this is the bolt that interferes with 14" steel wheels for some people, I'd keep it at minimum.

I would also suggest adding front upright strut pinch bolts, M12x45, to the kit.

That shipping is a real killer :(

Like you say, the only reliable way of getting them out to you would be by Airmail & yes, split into two packages to avoid the 2kg weight limit :rolleyes:

Thank's for the info Albert .... I will go through the lengths thouroughly before I order up, want to get it spot on.

Would you think the upright pinch bolts would need to be stronger that 8.8's ?

Your thoughts would be most welcome :) .

alga
9th May 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm a complete numpty at mechanical engineering and don't have a clue about how to calculate the tensile load on that bolt, but I can just about make out an 8.8 rating on the original Sierra bolts.

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm a complete numpty at mechanical engineering and don't have a clue about how to calculate the tensile load on that bolt, but I can just about make out an 8.8 rating on the original Sierra bolts.

Cheers Albert :)

I guess at 8.8 the thread would yield before the bolts yeild point & there won't be any real torsional load on the bolts as such.

If 8.8's were good enough for Ford, they'll be good enough for me :D

David_17
9th May 2010, 09:21 PM
Could i be added to the list thankyouplease :D

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 09:31 PM
Could i be added to the list thankyouplease :D

All sorted & on the list :) :)

Two sets left to go & that will take care of a full box of the longest bolts ;)

geeman
9th May 2010, 09:50 PM
All sorted & on the list :) :)

Two sets left to go & that will take care of a full box of the longest bolts ;)

would be interested, but i dont need the diff bolts if possible. Thanks

Luke2842
9th May 2010, 09:59 PM
I'll be in for a set as well please Bonzo + nut covers

Cheers

Luke

ginger nutter
9th May 2010, 10:08 PM
Put me down for a set including nut covers

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 10:12 PM
I'll be in for a set as well please Bonzo + nut covers

Cheers

Luke

Added to the list luke :)

--------------

Geeman

No problem sending you a set, minus the diff bolts .... This will only reduce the cost a little as I have found a source where I can buy those individually at about 50p each

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 10:19 PM
Put me down for a set including nut covers

Added to the list :)

-------------------------------------------

That's 10 sets :cool:

I'll leave this run a while .... I don't have a problem in buying another box of 20 of the longest bolts in order to make up more sets.

It would be a real pitty for anyone to miss out on the chance to buy a bolt kit at wholesale prices :)

geeman
9th May 2010, 10:48 PM
Added to the list luke :)

--------------

Geeman

No problem sending you a set, minus the diff bolts .... This will only reduce the cost a little as I have found a source where I can buy those individually at about 50p each

in that case even if its a £ or 2 extra put me down for the diff bolts as well as theres no harm in having spares.

Bonzo
9th May 2010, 11:00 PM
Added to the list Geeman :)

Let me know if you want the nut covers as well ;)

If folk look at the list on the first post in this thread & want / don't want nut covers, let me know so as I can keep the list up to date :)

geeman
9th May 2010, 11:02 PM
Added to the list Geeman :)

Let me know if you want the nut covers as well ;)

If folk look at the list on the first post in this thread & want / don't want nut covers, let me know so as I can keep the list up to date :)

Nut covers would be great too!! Count me in. Thanks

tkpm
9th May 2010, 11:46 PM
Me to please and nut covers to.

Terry

Bonzo
10th May 2010, 09:36 AM
Me to please and nut covers to.

Terry

Added to the list Terry :)

onedayTM
10th May 2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Ronnie, could you add me to your list please, bolts and covers.
cheers,
tony.

Bonzo
10th May 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Ronnie, could you add me to your list please, bolts and covers.
cheers,
tony.

Added to the list Tony :)

Bonzo
11th May 2010, 09:20 PM
Here's a quick update for all

First a final list of the fastenings that will be included with each kit.

M12 X 260mm Blots X 2 ( Rear Uprights )

M12 X 200mm bolts X 2 ( Dif Mounting Bolts )

M12 X 75mm bolts X 20 ( Wishbone's, rear Camber adjuster & lower shock bolt )

M12 X 60mm bolts X 6 ( Upper rear & front shock bolts )

M12 Nyloc nuts X 30 ( One for each bolt )

M12 Plain flat washers ( 2.5mm thick ) X 60 ( Two for each bolt )

M12 Black Plastic nut covers X 60 ( Two for each Bolt )

All bolts are 8.8 Grade, High Tensile & are Bright Zinc Plated .... Nuts & washers are Bright Zinc Plated

-------------------------------

A couple of points to note:

I have increased the length of the main wishbone bolts from 70mm to 75mm

When I bolted up a suspension bracket that was pre-fitted with a crush tube It was touch & go with the 70mm bolt, with a washer fitted either end of the bolt, only two threads were showing. ( Might be a little close for comfort for some folk )

I think it was best to opt for a 75mm bolt length & use a Type P Nyloc nut, at 14mm thick I feel it is better suited for bolting up the suspension as opposed to the standard Type T Nyloc nut ( 12mm thick )
Giving it a little more thought, the thicker Type P Nyloc nut is the normal standard commonly found on the suspension components of production cars.

At 260mm long, the Two rear upright bolts will be over long & will require the thread trimming back a little, not such a bad thing as this will leave more of the bolts shank inside the upright.
After looking at a 240mm bolt, when using the thicker Nyloc nut, it come up slightly short
Long bolts are normally available in increments of 10mm, unfortunately the nearest, next size up available from stock is 260mm.

I have spoke to my local stockist & he is confident that he can match the best price I had obtained online .... If this is the case, the rear upright bolts will be 250mm long ( Less to trim, if at all needed ) :)

Kit Price

Each kit will be £25 inclusive of postage

I tried very hard to get it much lower than this but alas, the postage cost, at £6 per kit, has greatly added to the final cost :(

For those not wishing to recieve the nut covers, the kit price will be £22.50 inclusive of postage.

Some interest was shown in having a set of plain nuts included to assist in the test fitting of the suspension.

If required by anyone, the additional cost will be £2.50 in order to cover the cost of 30 X M12 Plain nuts ( Bright Zinc Plated )

Please let me know in good time if you require the addition of a set of plain nuts.

Finally

I will be ordering enough fixings to make up 15 complete sets

This means there are still Two kits available ;)

Hopefully, all of you folks will think the price is very reasonable & a good deal cheaper than sourcing the fixings in low quantitys for a singel build :)

As ever, any comments or questions will be welcomed.

KenK
11th May 2010, 10:26 PM
All sounds good to me. Can i have the full set including nut covers and spare nuts.

Cheers
Ken

spud69
11th May 2010, 11:02 PM
I've hardly had time for the forum over the last week Ronnie so just seen pack your putting together, and, WOW what a hell of a comprehensive list of all fixings needed for the roadster and a hell of price. I have an account with a local fixings company and cant get prices nowhere near that.

I guess you've had all 15 of your hands snapped off......:eek:

Well Done......AndyH

Tatey
11th May 2010, 11:02 PM
You've done some good work there Bonzo, a real benefit to the forum and builders alike.

Can I have the full kit including the nut covers and plain nuts please.

Also how will you be accept payment? I'm happy to send payment via Bank Transfer, to take out the money grabbing Paypal, even if you do send it via gift, they still have the money for 7 days before putting it in your account.

Cheers

Bonzo
11th May 2010, 11:32 PM
I've hardly had time for the forum over the last week Ronnie so just seen pack your putting together, and, WOW what a hell of a comprehensive list of all fixings needed for the roadster and a hell of price. I have an account with a local fixings company and cant get prices nowhere near that.

I guess you've had all 15 of your hands snapped off......:eek:

Well Done......AndyH

Thanks Andy

Yes I was a little surprised at the level of disscount that can be had by "Joe Bloggs " when buying in bulk.

Fortunately, The last company I worked for, bought all of their fixings in 10's of thousands :eek:
So had a good education of just how cheaply fixings are manufactured ;)

KenK & Tatey

I have added the items requested to the list.

Once I have all the fixings here, I will PM everyone with the payment details :)

onedayTM
11th May 2010, 11:49 PM
Hi ronnie,
job well done it takes alot of time to sort things like this shopping around . Thanks for doing the hard work and please add the spare nuts to my order.
cheers,
tony.

tkpm
11th May 2010, 11:57 PM
Nice one Ronnie,
please could you at plain nuts to my order please.

Terry

Bonzo
12th May 2010, 12:03 AM
Tony & Terry

I have adjusted your nuts :eek: :D :D

List updated :)

ozzy1
12th May 2010, 01:52 AM
I'll take one also.
(will supply uk postal address when req!!:D )

Hoybi
12th May 2010, 06:18 AM
Hello Ronny,

Great initiative this is and as you can see from the many reactions, something that is appreciated.

Can you send one set to Belgium please ?
No nut covers, no M12 nuts.

I'm prepared to pay in advance into your bank account.

Enoch
12th May 2010, 09:37 AM
Good work Ronnie!! Excellent price for what you have come up with. Sadly I have already done mine at a much higher price:(
For a tight fisted git like me, I can't tell you how much that hurts:D
Good work that man!!

Bonzo
12th May 2010, 10:37 AM
Hoybi

PM sent to you :)

----------------

Ozzy1

Do you want nut covers & plain nuts with the set ? :)

ozzy1
12th May 2010, 11:46 AM
Just the bolt set thanks.

Bonzo
12th May 2010, 12:17 PM
Good work Ronnie!! Excellent price for what you have come up with. Sadly I have already done mine at a much higher price:(
For a tight fisted git like me, I can't tell you how much that hurts:D
Good work that man!!

That's got to be gutting for you mate.

I initialy priced up a single set for myself using ebay as a guide to prices .... Nearly had fit when I saw the total :eek:
In fact, I used several, not so nice swear words :D

Ozzy1

Okey Dokey

Bonzo
16th May 2010, 10:38 AM
Just to give folk a quick update.

All of the stock has been ordered, the longer bolt's were not a standard stock item & had a 2 day lead time.
Was kinda hoping they would arrive for this weekend but they have been dispatched & sould be here Mon/Tues :)

I have orderd enough stock to cover 15 sets + nut covers & plain nut's for those that want them .

As soon as they are here i'll message all on the list to let them know :)

Here's the list as it stands

1: Bonzo + nut covers ** PAID **

2: Tatey + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID **

3: Greasemonkey + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

4: KenK + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

5: les g + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

6: HandyAndy + nut covers ** PAID **

7: CarlKnight1982 + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

8: David 17 + nut covers & plain nuts ** PAID ** * + Shipped

9: Luke2482 + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

10: Ginger Nutter + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

11: Geeman + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

12: Tkpm + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

13: onedayTM + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

14: Ozzy1 ** PAID ** + Shipped

15: Hoybi ** PAID ** + Shipped

If I have left nut covers or plain nuts from your name, let me know as there will be enough to cover all that want them ;)

Tatey
16th May 2010, 01:17 PM
Cheers for the update Bonzo, once again it's great work you've done here. I remember when I first joined, people mentioned that nuts and bolts would set me back around £100, and here you are providing them for just over £25 :D.

Bonzo
17th May 2010, 07:39 PM
As expected, all of the fixings have arrived today .... My kitchen now resembles the counter at my local Hardware store :D

Here's a picture of how the set looks for those that wanted nut covers & plain nut set

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/Bonzoronnie/boltkit.jpg

I'll try to PM everyone on the list this evening to confirm payment & postage details :)

Just as soon as the fixings are all sorted into sets, i'll pack them ready to send out ;)

John Marchant
17th May 2010, 11:09 PM
Looks like great value but I mayhave missed the boat. Please put me down for a set if you have any spare. Manythanks
John

Bonzo
17th May 2010, 11:38 PM
Looks like great value but I mayhave missed the boat. Please put me down for a set if you have any spare. Manythanks
John

Hi John

Unfortunatley I only ordered enough bolts to cover the 15 sets :(

If I can find enough interest to shift another 10 sets I would be more than happy to arrange another buy ;)

I dare say there are other bolts that are needed during the build .... 8 High tensile 12.9 button cap bolts for the roll bar springs to mind.

Bolts are so much cheaper when bought in bulk :) :)

eSteve
18th May 2010, 08:55 AM
Bonzo,

you've done a great deal there.

I, like John, missed the boat.

Would you please put me down on the your next list if you get another 10 interested.

Thanks,

EDIT: To include: nut covers + plain nut set, please.

Bonzo
18th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Hi Folks

Here's an update for this evening :)

I have updated the list above to acknowledge the payments recieved to date.

Unfortunately I was called out today to repair a piece of agricultural equipment .... Took well longer than expected as it was well mangled :eek:

As a result, i have done no packing today.

I have all day tomorrow free & will package all of the bolt kits up & will arrange courier collection of all paid kits for Thursday :cool:

For all of you that may have missed out on this group buy.
Once I have sent out all of the kits, I am happy to arrange another group buy if there is enough interest.

As before, it will need to be at least 10 kits in order to keep the prices the same :)

David_17
19th May 2010, 10:33 AM
you have PM ;)

TQ_uk
19th May 2010, 02:03 PM
Count me in for a set if you do another batch please:)
Full set (ie with covers & plain nuts)

Bonzo
19th May 2010, 02:07 PM
Count me in for a set if you do another batch please:)
Full set (ie with covers & plain nuts)

I'll put you on my mental list, another goup buy certainly looks to be on the cards :) :)

David

Pm replied to :)

Bonzo
24th May 2010, 10:31 PM
Hi folks

Sorry for the much belated update of the latest progress .... Meant to do this ages ago :o

Things have been rather hectic in the Bonzo household over the last few days .... Would have been nice if it was on my build but sorry to report .... Blooming Gardening dutys & preparing the Transit, Ready for Ebays free listing day :rolleyes:

Any how !!

11 sets of bolts were collected from me last Thursday ( 20th ), all sets paid for before then have been sent.
They were sent via an ecconomy service ( 3 working days ) .... All being well, they should be arriving with you in the next day or Two.

Greasemonkey .... Your set left me this morning, I missed the deadline for Fridays collection & have upgraded yours to next day delivery. So should be with you on Tuesday.

On reflection, it probably would have been best to send them all out on a next day service, sadly I didn't realise that it was only just over £1 more expensive :o

If there are any problems, just holler in my direction :)

spud69
24th May 2010, 10:56 PM
I'm sure there'll be no problems..

Thanks Ronnie.......AndyH

Wgroove
25th May 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Ronnie,
As i told you via PM -> you can count me in for a full package of bolts and nuts when you organise a second group buy.

Thanks,

Wim

Bonzo
25th May 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Wim

Another 10 sets are definately on the cards, I believe there is enough interest in them ;) :cool:

Once I know that eveyone has recived the ones I have sent out, i'll get on the case :) :)

roadster v8
25th May 2010, 10:16 PM
Suspension bolt kit count me in full set with covers and plan nut

Bonzo
25th May 2010, 10:27 PM
Suspension bolt kit count me in full set with covers and plan nut

Not a problem, i'll get on the case ASAP :) :)

On the next group buy, i'll offer a next day delivery option for an extra £1 .... The ecconomy service provided by MyHermes is looking like it's a tad slow :rolleyes:

I'll keep this thread up to date folks :)

mr-p
25th May 2010, 10:32 PM
Ronnie,

You can count me in for a set, although at the moment it looks like i may not need them for a while. :D

Cheers Tom

tkpm
26th May 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks Ronnie,

Bolts turned up this morning.

Terry

ginger nutter
26th May 2010, 02:37 PM
Bolt just arrived

Thanks Ronnie

Bonzo
26th May 2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Ronnie,

Bolts turned up this morning.

Terry

Cheers for leting me know Terry :D

To say I am a tad dissapointed with the courier would be an understatement :(

As far as I know, your's are the first ones to turn up & they all left me last Thursday :eek:

I tracked all of the parcels this morning, according to the tracking information, all of them are either out for delivery or out for delivery to local courier.
With a little luck, a few more will arrive today.

Tis the first time I have used " MyHermes " & probably the last .... Their service is just too slow in order to save a £1 on the cost of next day delivery using the likes of Parcelmonkey :rolleyes:

Bonzo
26th May 2010, 02:44 PM
Bolt just arrived

Thanks Ronnie

I hope there was more than just one :eek: :D

Thanks for leting me know GN :)

Mr P

I have added you to my mental list Tom :)

geeman
26th May 2010, 03:32 PM
Just received mine, Thanks Bonzo!!

Tatey
26th May 2010, 04:01 PM
I'm still waiting :(. Could you check that mine has been sent out for delivery bonzo? (NE43 7PG)

Luke2842
26th May 2010, 07:29 PM
Just recieved my set. Thanks Bonzo for sorting it all out, great help!!

Luke

greasemonkey
26th May 2010, 08:58 PM
:D thanks bonzo 9am tuesday morning they arrived

thanks for your time and effort making these sets up!!

David_17
26th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Mine arrived today too. Big thanks ronnie ;)

Bonzo
26th May 2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks for letting me know chaps :)

Tis nice to know that they are finaly beginning to arrive at their destinations :cool:

It was my pleasure to arrange the group buy .... Feeling knackered from Stonleigh show, it was nice to have something usefull to do for a change.

Simon

Sorry for my huge cock up mate :o

All sorted now, I have arranged for Citylink to collect tomorrow, express next day delivery.
All being well, your kit will reach you on Friday :)

Tatey
26th May 2010, 09:56 PM
Ronnie, it's honestly no issue. It now means I have less to distract me from the exams I have tomorrow and Friday. :D

I won't have anything to bolt together so you're definitely not holding up my build either, well unless they don't turn up by Thursday next week :p.

KenK
26th May 2010, 10:21 PM
Ronnie, got mine today as well, many thanks for organising, much appreciated

Ken

onedayTM
28th May 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi ronnie,
Received my package today at second attempt, cheers for all your effort job well done.
thanks,
tony.

ozzy1
28th May 2010, 01:02 PM
Ronnie,
Mine arrived yesterday according to my old man :D cheers

Bonzo
28th May 2010, 08:42 PM
Cheer's ozzy1 :)

All you have to do now is get them out to Australia :eek: :D

Hopefully, all of the sets will have arrived by now :)

Tatey
29th May 2010, 10:23 AM
My bolt set arrived yesterday Bonzo, cheers :D.

Bonzo
29th May 2010, 10:43 AM
Relieved to hear that Simon :)

I managed to get it right in the end .... My signature says it all really :o :D

Hopefully all of the sets have arrived now.

With a little luck, I will have the time next week to start sorting out a second group buy .

I have a provisional list of about 6, If any of you folks missed out, feel free to holler :)

DStanley1809
29th May 2010, 10:54 AM
I'd like a set in the next group too please.

From reading through the thread, as far as I can make out the new list looks something like this:

1) John Marchant
2) eSteve (nut covers + plain nuts)
2) TQ uk (nut covers + plain nuts)
3) wgroove (nut covers + plain nuts)
4) roadster v8 (nut covers + plain nuts)
5) mr-p (nut covers + plain nuts)
6) DStanley1809 (nut covers + plain nuts)

Bonzo
29th May 2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for doing that David :cool:

As per last group buy I need to find enough iterest to make up at least 10 sets.

This means I can bulk buy in boxes & spread the savings to every one ;)

Bonzo
30th May 2010, 08:24 PM
Just to tidy up the last group buy of Bolt kits.

I have created an invoice for the bolt kits should anyone want one for their build records. ;)

If you require one, drop me a PM with your email address & I will mail you one .
I will copy & paste the invioce in an email message & will also attach it as a word doc as this will probably print out better !!

In hindsight, should have included one in the kits :o ( I will include one in the next group buy )

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think there is just about enough interest to start the ball rolling on a second group buy

This is the provisional list of people who have expressed an iterest.

1) John Marchant
2) eSteve - Full set
3) TQ uk - Full set
4) wgroove - Full set
5) roadster v8 - Full set
6) mr-p - Full set
7) DStanley1809 - Full set
8) dan g8 - Full set
9) Headshot - Full set

It would make life simple on the ordering & packaging side of things if all of the kits contain the same fixings.

Here's what the full kit will break down to

2: M12 X 260mm Bolts ( For mounting the rear uprights )

2: M12 X 200mm Bolts ( For mounting the diff )

20: M12 X 75 MM Bolts ( For mounting the wishbones, rear camber adjuster & lower rear shocks )

6: M12 X 60mm Bolts ( For mounting the front shocks & upper rear shocks )

30: M12 Nyloc nuts , I have chosen type P ones as they are slightly thicker than a standard nylock.

30: M12 Plain, full nuts ( Trust me, you will need these if you don't want to ruin the nylocs when test fitting your components )

60: M12 Flat washers ( Standard A form 2.5mm thick )

60: M12 Plastic nut covers ( One for each bolt & nut head )

All Bolts are High tensile 8.8 Grade & are Bright Zinc Plated, all other fixings are Bright Zinc Plated

The cost of each kit will be £27.50 inclusive of economy uk shipping, as found out from the last group buy, this economy service will most likely take a full week from the date of collection from me.
If you require next day delivery, this can be arranged for an extra £1.20

Hopefully I have covered everything & will leave this list run for a few days in order that no one misses out :)

dan_g8
30th May 2010, 11:26 PM
pm sent about being added to second buy ............

Bonzo
31st May 2010, 11:29 AM
Pm's read :)

Dan

Added to the list mate.

Steve

Message sent.

Simon

All sorted :)

eSteve
31st May 2010, 11:34 PM
Bonzo,

glad to hear there are now enough for a second buy, hoo-ray! It's a good price you've got on the fixing and saving us all alot of tedious hunting around and paying over the odds.

Thanks for your efforts, your time and effort in doing it, and for a second time as well, is appreciated.

I won't be needing the fixings for many, many months so snail courier is fine for me. Let us know when you want paying.

eSteve

TQ_uk
1st June 2010, 06:00 PM
Bonzo,

glad to hear there are now enough for a second buy, hoo-ray! It's a good price you've got on the fixing and saving us all alot of tedious hunting around and paying over the odds.

Thanks for your efforts, your time and effort in doing it, and for a second time as well, is appreciated.

I won't be needing the fixings for many, many months so snail courier is fine for me. Let us know when you want paying.

eSteve

Ditto.... haven't even cleared the garage out yet! ;)

Bonzo
1st June 2010, 06:22 PM
Okey dokey Chaps

With 9 on the list I will go ahead & order the stock :)

The long bolts are not kept as stock items & have a lead time of 2-3 days, I estimate the stock will be with me, early next week :cool:

As before, once I have the stock here I will send everyone on the list a PM with all of the details.

Still have one set up for grabs & can accommodate more if folk let me know in time ;)

To save you looking back at previous posts here's the list as it stands at the moment :)

1) John Marchant
2) eSteve - Full set
3) TQ uk - Full set
4) wgroove - Full set
6) mr-p - Full set
8) dan g8 - Full set
9) Headshot - Full set

The Ssssnake
5th June 2010, 10:28 PM
Okey dokey Chaps

With 9 on the list I will go ahead & order the stock :)

The long bolts are not kept as stock items & have a lead time of 2-3 days, I estimate the stock will be with me, early next week :cool:

As before, once I have the stock here I will send everyone on the list a PM with all of the details.

Still have one set up for grabs & can accommodate more if folk let me know in time ;)

To save you looking back at previous posts here's the list as it stands at the moment :)

1) John Marchant
2) eSteve - Full set
3) TQ uk - Full set
4) wgroove - Full set
6) mr-p - Full set
8) dan g8 - Full set
9) Headshot - Full set

Bonzo, is it too late to get on the list???

Ssssnake