PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Hose & IVA

davidimurray
11th May 2010, 08:40 AM
I've justgot my fuel tank fitted so I've been considering how to get fuel in it. I've got one of the HandyAndy ebay bargain tanks, which currently has a neck and a cap on it. I would like a filler external to the body - probably on the top of the tub as reading around seems to suggest that mount it on the back/side can make them difficult to fill. On the tank the pipe is 38mm dia., but most fillers are 50mm dia. My current plan is to cut off the old cap, get a piece of 38mm fuel hose, then fit a 38-50mm aluminium reducer, then a piece of 50mm hose to a filler cap.

Any reason why the IVA man wouldn't like this?

Homersdouble
11th May 2010, 08:58 AM
I'm also interested in people's thoughts on this, as I too have one of these tanks (now looking a bit neater in a lovely coat of silver), but what about suitable venting?

davidimurray
11th May 2010, 10:08 AM
I'm looking at two possibilites for venting - first is it would seem quite a few caps come with vents - although it is difficult to work out which do based on a lot of the manufacturers descriptions. On my tank I have added a new level sender over at one side of the tank. I silver soldered bolts into new holes to bolt it on, so I can use the old hole with a blanking plate for a dedicated vent valve if required. Alternatively the tank silver solders very well so you could solder a threaded boss into the top of the tank for a dedicated vent valve. You will only need a normal blowtorch to do this.