PDA

View Full Version : EEC IV Wiring

Enoch
11th May 2010, 06:57 PM
Thought I would have a look at my wiring loom today as I am fed up with bodywork. I can't work out for the life of me how the engine loom picks up a switched 12 volt feed.:confused: I have the haynes manual which says that pin 1 is a 12 v feed from a black/ blue wire. Mine is Red. It kind of goes downhill from there. I have two relay sockets that were located next to the ECU, I assumed these are the two engine management relays but none of the colours match to the Haynes diagrams and only one relay is installed( may have lost it, there may have originally only been one - can't remember). Am I going mad or are my engine management relays actually located elsewhere and the ones I think are the management relays are something else? I am trying to use the engine sub loom as is but can't work out where the switched feed comes from - my diagram seems to suggest the live from the ignition switch goes off to the alarm and then back again - can anyone confirm this? Also can someone confirm that I should have two yellow engine management relays?
Thanks in advance,
Dave.

twinturbo
11th May 2010, 07:22 PM
Which engine?

TT

greasemonkey
11th May 2010, 07:27 PM
give me the details make/model/engine code and i will see if i can find you a wiring diagram off autodata at work

Enoch
11th May 2010, 08:19 PM
It's the 2.0 DOHC I4 Engine from 1992.
Thanks for the doc, Lee but I can't open it.

twinturbo
11th May 2010, 09:08 PM
Open or closed loop control?

TT

twinturbo
11th May 2010, 09:24 PM
Typing up the pinout for you.

TT

twinturbo
11th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Does this help much.

Relay XI is the ECU feed relay.

http://www.claytune.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71:ecu-pinout-for-91-dohc-ford-open-loop&catid=40:electrical-pinouts&Itemid=58

Enoch
12th May 2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks TT, that helps enormously. Thanks to Lee as well, the diagram you have makes it much clearer than the haynes one. One thing that was confusing me is that in the Haynes diagram the feed from the ignition switch goes off to the alarm system and then comes back to the ECU feed relay. It looks like all I have to do is get a permanent live to pin 1, a switched live via relay XI to pins 37 and 57 and my earths in place to make it work. I just cross referenced to the Haynes manual and the pin outs seem to match to TT's diagram. Happy days. I assume the alarm had a simple immobiliser function - anybody know if that is correct?
Thanks a lot for all the help, guys, that has been of enormous assistance.:)
Enoch

twinturbo
12th May 2010, 09:07 AM
Yes the alarm uses the autobox inhibit relay to act as a basic imobaliser.

TT