PDA

View Full Version : IVA Friendly mirrors

DaddyA
11th May 2010, 09:41 PM
Hi,

Looking for some mirrors, not many sellers mention whether they are IVA friendly or not.

Can anyone recommend any??? (Perhaps those that have completed IVA - what did you use?).

spud69
11th May 2010, 10:11 PM
These are good large mirrors Daz:

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/carbon-effect-mirror-with-indicator--m10ca-743-p.asp

Mine passed with these on and Mark's have just passed to, only thing to watch for is that you mount them high enough on the scuttle so that they see over the rear arches. Otherwise, if they are too low, the arches will obstruct a crucial part of the viewing area - same for all mirrors though.

AndyH

DaddyA
12th May 2010, 06:43 PM
Cheers Spud,

gingea1pom
12th May 2010, 06:46 PM
Spud,

I forgot to mention anything when I first saw this; those mirrors are great looking and a great price.

Just another reason this forum is great, I would never have stumbled across them on my own.

Cheers Ginge

Bonzo
12th May 2010, 06:58 PM
Yes, those mirrors look cool :cool: :)

Thank's to the forum, I now have my mirrors & rear light choice sorted :)

That's the great thing about this forum, so many people can point you in the right direction when you are looking for something in particular ;)

twinturbo
12th May 2010, 07:55 PM
seen them before, did not realise you had em spud. But then again it's not the thing you pay attention to when lightly cruising down the B-Roads in your car

TT

DaddyA
12th May 2010, 07:59 PM
Spud,

short original reply but wanted to have another look at your site.

Was it only the mirrors that gave you the side repeater requirement or did you fit additional repeaters. Can't see any on your car thats all?

Probably just answered my own question there, but from where I'm looking from the indicators on the mirrors don't give you the required angles of visibility (from aft).

Could be wrong just looks that way.

Nice mirrors though:D

Tatey
12th May 2010, 08:06 PM
If I remember rightly, Spud has 2 side repeaters located in the middle of his side panels. However one is now hidden by his new exhaust after changing from a CVH to a zetec.

The indicators in these mirrors are not the brightest, just as a warning.

spud69
12th May 2010, 08:15 PM
Tatey got it spot on Daz, the indicators on the mirrors are only good for forward facing indicators you still need side repeaters for the 5 deg rear visibility. You need to make sure that you put these side repeaters high enough so they can be seen above the rear wings as the IVA men are now strict on this.

The IVA man suggested the best place would be to put a small repeater on top of each wing mirror running the cable inside mirror and stalk.

Cheers....AndyH

DaddyA
12th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Cheers Spud,

good advice, I had the sticking of a repeater on the mirrors in my mind, as I'm looking through the varying mirror options.

Still not sure what mirrors I like:confused:

Keep on looking.

Thanks again.

MightyMouth
12th May 2010, 09:36 PM
Anyone know if these lights are available anywhere without the carbon look?