PDA

View Full Version : Rear Arch Fitting

gus
27th May 2010, 03:24 PM
I have been looking at fitting my rear arches and can't decide what to do. If I set the bottom of the arches as made level with the bottom of the body work the wheels look lost. The gap above them is massive.

If I set a piece of 75mm timber on top of the tyre and rest the arch on it. The gap looks better, but I have 55mm of the arch below the body!!

I could cut the 55mm off, but wondered if anybody else has had this problem?
Just wondering what kind of clearance people had been leaving in their arches.

Cheers

Gus

mark
27th May 2010, 03:36 PM
I set mine level with the side panel and the rear tub

I dont think the gap looks too big, have a look at mine and see what you think

I could even lower the suspension even more than in pic but it needs a bit of travel for your body weight and your passenger too

gus
27th May 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark.

Just wondering, when you set your ride height did you do it with the car weighted as if it had a full tank and two people in it?

I did with mine which means that as the car is sat in the garage it has a rear ride height of approx 150mm which sinks to roughly 135mm with two people in it.

Cheers

Gus

spud69
27th May 2010, 04:35 PM
Just like Mark has done Gus. Ride height seems about right, if you set your are so that its an even distance around your wheel it should bring the arches level with the bottom of the rear panel and the top parallel with the SS part of the rear panel.

Do mine the same and look all in proportion with 15" x 50 tyres on.

mark
27th May 2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark.

Just wondering, when you set your ride height did you do it with the car weighted as if it had a full tank and two people in it?

I did with mine which means that as the car is sat in the garage it has a rear ride height of approx 150mm which sinks to roughly 135mm with two people in it.

Cheers

Gus

Yeah i got me and brother in and took some measurements of how much it dropped to get it set about right