PDA

View Full Version : riv nuts

tonyhayden
15th June 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi All, Has anyone got a decent site for riv nuts and the applicator tool.
Cheers, Tony.

spud69
15th June 2010, 09:38 PM
These tools are excellent from Memfast, they're not the cheapest or most expensive but are bloody good and quick to use. Had a cheaper alternative first and it was rubbish. They also sell M6 Rivnuts for 6p each or you can get flush fitting ones for a bit more.

Regards....AndyH

Mistrale
22nd June 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi there,

I bought the riv nuts from memfast on ebay! I made a too myself: I got a bolt of the appropriate size, 2 nuts and a washer. I drilled 1 nut out to remove the thread. I then threaded the bolt in the following order: Good nut, washer, drilled nut then rivnut. I popped the rivnut into the hole. I held the bolt still and turned the good nut 3 or 4 revolutions, which worked really well. The only slight mod I made was to hold the drilled nut still with a flat spanner - this stopped and turning of the rivnut. Worked a treat for me, much better than £37 for the proper tool!

see the results on my blog!

tkpm
22nd June 2010, 11:09 PM
What blog is that?

Twin
23rd June 2010, 12:29 AM
A picture paints a thousand words :D

Mistrale
23rd June 2010, 06:20 PM
Blog is www.mistrale.blogspot.com

will dig out my homemade tool and take a pic - it just looks like nuts on a bolt though!

james3004
17th September 2010, 04:47 PM
What sizes of rivnut / nutsert do you need for the build?

I'm thinkin of buying one of the memfast tools but don't know what size inserts to buy?

Enoch
18th September 2010, 08:51 AM
I used nearly all 6mm. I bought packs of 3, 4 5 and 6, only place I have anything other than 6mm is for the fuse holders and the CO adjust where I used 4mm.
Enoch