PDA

View Full Version : welding time?

Eternal
8th July 2010, 03:14 PM
Hay people so far im at this stage....

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4803/img0225mn.jpg

It says to tack D1-D6 in but these will go over the top of some tacks that have not been welded yet. Should i fully weld what i got so far or should i just weld the bits i know will be covered? then continue with the dif/suspension work. Also as it says i need to move the chassis forward but if i moved it 40cm forward alot of the chassis would be hanging off the table and i dont feel happy doing that as its tacked lol

mr henderson
8th July 2010, 04:14 PM
dif/suspension work. Also as it says i need to move the chassis forward but if i moved it 40cm forward alot of the chassis would be hanging off the table and i dont feel happy doing that as its tacked lol

If it's been tacked properly it will be alright. Try pulling on the pieces you are doubtful about. If any come away, do them again

Eternal
8th July 2010, 04:51 PM
ahh just been reading into the book a bit i dont have any of the CP plates yet as i just ordered them. Would it cause trouble if i do the tunnel first? Did a load of checking and i can use the MT75 tunnel with the skyline gearbox happy days!

Anyone know what this is and do i need it? lol
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/188/boxhelp.jpg

twinturbo
8th July 2010, 06:11 PM
Looks like a VSS. All depends on what the ECU does with it.

TT

Eternal
8th July 2010, 06:14 PM
im using the auto ecu you just bridge 2 pins and its all good. there was no connection like that on the old box. have not found any info on it at all lol ohh could it be a rmp sender? or speed sender.

Edit: it was a kph to mph converter. removed now and all is good.

So yeah guys if i build the tunnel i guess i can then weld it all up then move it forward build the back end then flip it upside down and weld the underside?

twinturbo
8th July 2010, 06:36 PM
The sierra 4x4 has the VSS on the front transfer shaft on the oposite side to the diff.

I Imagine your ECU will be OK without it, the main problem we see on ford converted cars with VSS disconnected is stalling of the engine when comming to a halt.

TT