PDA

View Full Version : DOHC 2000E Sierra for sale £300

mr henderson
24th July 2010, 09:29 AM
Bought this recently, seems a good idea but a change of plans means I'm going with a different donor (not Sierra) so thought I would offer it here.

It's been off the road for a while and I did intend to get an mot for it, which meant I had to redo the front brakes with new calipers and new (260mm, bigger than standard) ventilated discs. However the electric door mirror needs replacing, plus there is the time I would need to take to deal with it all so thought I would offer it here before spending any more time on it.

It starts and drives well, engine is reasonably quiet for its age.

This model has bolt on drive shafts and rear discs, btw, which was why I chose it myself. It also has EFI and I know (having worked on one recently) as long as you make a bonnet bulge or modify the plenum these engines work well in cars such as ours. It also has the stronger MT75 gearbox (ideal if you fancy an Audi 1.8t engine as there is a conversion kit is available).

I can get it delivered to you for whatever the distance is to your place in miles from HP22 4DR multiplied by 1.2, for example 70 miles = £84.

twinturbo
24th July 2010, 09:40 AM
Put a link on the sierra owners club for you, I would prefer to see the 2KE saved ;)

TT

mr henderson
24th July 2010, 10:03 AM
Put a link on the sierra owners club for you, I would prefer to see the 2KE saved ;)

TT

Thanks for that, I think I would too. The last owner had it for 18 years and it's really quite tidy.

mr henderson
27th July 2010, 11:47 AM
Car no longer for sale (at that price, anyway :) ), I'm afraid, it's passed its MOT and I will be drriving it around myself for a while.