PDA

View Full Version : Life's mysteries

Chris Gibbs
7th February 2008, 06:02 PM
Planet Earth is sometimes a baffling place.

With some things it’s best not to even try to work it out – the female mind being one. It's a pickle of a riddle of a mystery of a conundrum to me.

You’ll all identify with this.

She’s sitting there with a face like a wet weekend in Ormskirk, and you’re a kind, sensitive, New Man type of bloke so you say “what’s the matter?”

She says “nothing”

So you wander off into the garage.

When you come back in she’s got the old “arms folded, haven’t seen you” thing going on.

So you say ”what’s up?” and she replies “nothing”

So you nip out for a pint.

When you come in she’s gone to bed.

The next morning she looks like a gargoyle sucking a lemon through a tramp's sock. No breakfast, no clean shirt.

So you ask “what’s the matter dear?”

Then you get the line that has struck fear into the stoutest of male hearts.

IF YOU DON’T KNOW THEN I’M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU!

This leaves you in a bit of a quandary.

You feel compelled to try and find out what’s going on but really you couldn’t give a toss, you just want a quiet life.

So you’ll come out with something soppy like “have I done something to upset you?”

Silence

Your feeble male mind will try and make rational sense of the situation, this is a big mistake.

If you say something like “Is this because I was sick on your auntie’s shoes” not only will you NEVER guess right, but you’ve given her a bigger stick to beat you with.

The actual problem is that women are surreal.

What’s bothering her will have no relation to normal life at all and you won’t find out what it is until she’s ready.

The secret of a happy marriage is to realise that everything without fail, is your fault. Take the blame – even if it’s blatantly nothing to do with you or anything you’ve done.

You need to harness the awesome power of “yes dear”

A woman’s mind is equipped with a filing system which Microsoft have been trying to break the code of for many years. They can recall incidents from years before that you’ve totally forgotten and that were insignificant at the time.

No word of a lie, this actually happened to me once.

I saw some random woman on TV and foolishly said “she looks nice”.

I realised that I’d made a mistake, so I changed the subject.

One and a quarter hours later she says “well, I suppose she’s your type”

“Pardon?”

“That woman, she’s your type”

“Where did that come from?”

“Yes she’s very like her”

"Like who ?"

"Oh don’t pretend you don’t know who I mean!"

At this point I’m completely and utterly without a clue, The only information I have is that this person is female – half the world's population - it doesn’t cut it down that much.

Me being me, I said “Mother Teresa? Margaret Thatcher? Florence off magic roundabout? WHO ?

“huh……”

I found out FOUR DAYS later that she meant an ex girlfriend who I had difficulty remembering, never mind lusting after!

So ladies, think about this.

If we ask you what the matter is and you say “nothing” Then being rational human beings we will think that nothing is wrong

We will go on with our lives confident in the knowledge that as far as you’re concerned everything’s fine.

We won’t wonder if you are in some inner turmoil, we won’t sit and hold your hand and try to “work through it” with you, we won’t fret all day mulling it over.

As I said you’re probably best not thinking about it, I’ve got a headache now……..

cheers

Chris:D

Bonzo
7th February 2008, 07:12 PM
I know how it feels mate.

31 years & counting.
Would have only got 30 years for murder, out in 15 !!?? :eek:

I was not in the good books when i casually asked, " Where is our wedding certificate ".

" Why on earth do you want that " was the reply.

" I just want to see when it expires " :D

First thing i did when we got married ??

Sold all of my encyclopedias. Wife knows everything. :D

Ronnie :)

Theoldman
7th February 2008, 07:25 PM
Chris

Have you seen the "The Rules" The first line is the female always makes The Rules. I see if I can find them. I also have the male equivalent.

Like Bonzo, I have been married 33 years this year and I can not find the expire date on my marriage certificate. Every other certificate I have, has and expiry date!

I also should be up for parole or at least had time off for being good. Still she does tell me what she wants for birthdays, anniversaries and xmas, stops all the guessing games and getting it wrong.

But I still get in trouble for not guessing what is wrong! :confused:

Gerald

Username
8th February 2008, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone... Quite interesting topic!
I had a better diagram but the thing disapeared, this one is good too:

http://sds1.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/female_brain.gif

Curiously enough I had been speaking with my girlfriend couple weeks ago about women attitude!
One of the conclusions was that women feel the need to be "down"!
Like...your life is perfect, no reason to be angry at life, the man hasn´t done anything wrong but they just feel compelled to be angry at you, at life and all the surroundigs, it comes embedded with their system. No actual reason or justification, that´s just the way it is!

Plus... they know that they have a very powerfull weapon in between those limbs that humans use for walking ;)

Dario M.

P.S. : sorry for my poor english :o

Bonzo
8th February 2008, 03:55 PM
Great post Dario. :D

Your english is just fine, in fact better than mine and i am english. :o

Chris & Gerald

I have had a word with the wife about the marriage certificate expire date.

She has told me, " It will only expire upon the production of a valid, death certificate "

Now i know why she gives me such a hard time for not eating all those funny looking mushrooms. :eek:

Ronnie :)

It has been said, " Sex can draw you further than dynamite can blow you "

bob
12th February 2008, 07:11 PM
yep strange creatures but i have found a bit of quick wit normally saves the day.

At christmas my wife blew a fuse as my 12 year old son had recieved a pen knife as part of his fishing outfit, wife said "he's not having that, its like equiping him to be a young mugger, will be guns next" my quick reply was "well your equipt to be a prostitute but your not".

It kinda sorted it with a little laugh, but i have noticed bedroom favours seem rather non existant.

Oh well more garage time :)

Theoldman
12th February 2008, 07:42 PM
My solution for the problem of the wife blowing hot an cold is to buy her flowers and other things for no reason. Sure for the first few times you get what are you try yo make up for, but I does go away. Then when I say or do something wrong, I get treated nicely because of the things I have got for her.

The Old Man :D