PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

tkpm
10th September 2010, 06:17 PM
Hi guys,

Is there a minium/maxium (sorry about the spelling) headlight size, i'm only asking as i'm around one of my customers houses doing some work and he has a pair of headlights for sale for £25, they are the same as these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260649990864&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Terry

adrianreeve
10th September 2010, 06:29 PM
They're fine, fitted to many a kit car. Just make sure the lenses are e marked or equivalent!

Cheers

Adrian

David_17
10th September 2010, 06:30 PM
They should be fine (think they're the same as mine). The main issue with lights (appart from mounting location) is the dip angle. Some lights don't dip to the left, which is a requirement for iva.

tkpm
10th September 2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info, i now have headlights :D
Just need to make the brackets to fit them to :rolleyes:

Terry

HandyAndy
11th September 2010, 12:03 AM
Nice bargain there :cool:

They look very similar to mine:) paid more than that tho :( :D

cheers
andy

tkpm
11th September 2010, 12:10 AM
This is the second thing i've had from him, i also had a rollbar with back stays and all the seatbelt plates, crossbar etc for £60. He bought it off ebay, but it didn't the locost he is building. But the back stays are to short as i'm using one of Saturns tubs.

Terry

HandyAndy
11th September 2010, 12:17 AM
But the back stays are to short as i'm using one of Saturns tubs.

Terry

If the roll bar fits width wise for the Roadster are you able to remove the original back stays & extend them?
Or, depending where the back stays are "Heading down to" ....maybe "Build up" either side of "D13,s" ( there is available space there) to meet the shorter back stays....just a thought ;)

cheers
andy

tkpm
11th September 2010, 12:21 AM
the rollbar is already fitted and stay where never welded on. will get some tubing to make new back stays.

Terry

HandyAndy
11th September 2010, 12:27 AM
the rollbar is already fitted and stay where never welded on. will get some tubing to make new back stays.

Terry

Result :cool:

There are a few different positions for the lower back stay mounting points when using the Saturn GRP tub, depending where you attach the back stays to the roll bar,
mine go from the bend of the roll bar right down to an extra plate welded into the chassis, then 4 bolts on either side secure the back stays to the chassis, so its easily removed if need be .

cheers
andy

tkpm
11th September 2010, 12:32 AM
Have not made up my mind where to run the stays to yet, but i must make my mind up soon.

Terry