PDA

View Full Version : Westfield nosecone on haynes chassi?

filip arvidsson
26th September 2010, 05:43 PM
Hi
I've got offered to buy a westfield nosecone cheap, so I was wondering how it would fit the rest of the bodywork/chassi.
Cheers Filip Arvidsson

teun
26th September 2010, 06:44 PM
hi i use a westfield nosecone and the bonnet and the scuttle:D i just make the the bonnet and the scuttle a bit wider about 8cm.

RAYLEE29
27th September 2010, 01:34 PM
you will need to cut it in half and widen it definately doable.
i have an se scuttle thats cut and shut to fit and a locost nose cut and shut to fit too
it really depends on how cheap they are to start with and how much time and bodywork skill you have
also when i got mine a couple of years ago i couldnt afford the ones that were avaliable
Ray:)

misty
8th October 2010, 07:10 PM
Hi All
just how do you cut and shut my nose cone is too tight and would need opened up approx 40mm but have no idea of how to do it
any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

aerosam
8th October 2010, 09:25 PM
I don't know if there's a better way of doing this, but this is how I cut and shut my Locost nosecone to fit my +4 chassis.

1. Mark a line down the centre

2. Cut along the line with an angle grinder (use the thinnest cutting disc you can find)

3. Put the 2 halves back together, with a gap in between them to suit your chassis. I achieved this by clamping wooden battons at both ends and in the grille area (mine hadn't been cut out).

4. Fill the gap from the outside with something that the resin won't stick to. I used silicone backed fibreglass tape, but i guess you could wrap it in cling film or use something else.

5. Put it upside down on a workbench and fibreglass 2 layers of CSM across the inside of the gap, ovelapping about 2" on both sides.

6. Once it's hardened, remove whatever you used th blank off the gap and laminate another layer on the outside, but with no overlap.

Once it's all gone hard, you can mount it on the chassis and fill/skim it back smooth before painting it.