PDA

View Full Version : West country Sierra donor

Bonzo
21st October 2010, 04:32 PM
One of my local breaker's has a Pinto engined Sierra sitting in his yard :) .... ( Spotted on the 20/10/2010 )

I know that this will not be usefull to the majority of members on this site in view of it's geographical location in the far South West :eek:

There may be one of the many viewer's that visit this site looking to build a Roadster & maybe, they are local to this area ;)

The Sierra is a H reg, Laser estate, Pinto engine & at a glance, the only thing removed so far is the carburettor.
I assume it is a 2 litre engine as I believe the 1.8 cvh was in use prior to 90/91 & I think the 1.6 pinto was discontinued by then !!??

The car is located in St Day, Cornwall .... Macsalvage's yard ( Part of the Malcolm Drew's site, in United downs .

You never know, it may be usefull information for someone :)

Coozer
21st October 2010, 05:32 PM
Just for info, my 1993 K reg donor had a 1.6 pinto.

Why don't you get it and stripp it? Then you can sell the bits for a tidy profit.

Bonzo
21st October 2010, 08:03 PM
Okey dokey Steve, I guess it could be any of the 3 pinto flavours in that case :)

If only I were fit enough to strip it mate .... My favorite breaker put's quite a few Sierra's up in the yard every year .... More often than not, they end up going through the crusher virtualy untouched :confused: :confused:

If I had the energy mate, they would being stripped & placed into storage ..... That stuff is going to be worth good money in the not too distant future ;)