PDA

View Full Version : Latested Version of IVA

tkpm
25th October 2010, 09:38 PM
This is version 5.02 updated 18/10/10

http://online.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual_Version_1010.pdf

Some light reading while i'm on my hol's

Terry

twinturbo
25th October 2010, 09:44 PM
Give us the lowdown on the changes when your done ;)

TT

eSteve
26th October 2010, 08:19 AM
tkpm,

do you get some sort of notification when the IVA manual is ammedend or is it by chance that you notice it's change, or is it always ammended this time of year?

I've just had a look at the revisions, searched the PDF for 18/10/2010. These are the sections that have changed.

Manual with Basic Requirements

13B Anti - Theft / Alarm
Add Thatcham Recognised Installer installation report to list of acceptable evidence

36 Heating System
Note 1 amended to allow small water drain holes in heater intake system.

Previous version (5.0) read:

Note 1: The air intake must not be positioned near the vehicles exhaust outlet or draw air from within an engine compartment etc.

New version (5.02) reads:

Note 1: The air intake must not be positioned near the vehicles exhaust outlet or draw air from within an engine compartment etc. Holes to allow water to drain out of heater intake system into the engine compartment are permitted provided that the total surface of holes amount to less than 1% surface area of the heater intake aperture.

Normal IVA Requirements

13A Anti - Theft / Immobiliser
Add Thatcham Recognised Installer installation report to list of acceptable evidence

13B Anti - Theft / Alarm

That's all, so not anything to cause any concern.

tkpm
26th October 2010, 08:39 AM
eSteve it was by chance that i found out that the manual had been updated.

Terry

eSteve
26th October 2010, 08:53 AM
I had imagined that there might be some mechanism for interested parties to be notified of changes, but as I see we just have to rely on good fortune to find out. Thanks for letting us all know

My first thought was that maybe they updated it at certain times of the year, but that isn't the case since the revision dates seem to be scattered throughout the year.

I suspect someone may have written an application that would monitor a web page for changes. I may have a look in to this and see if there is an open source one. It could be left watching the VOSA page that has the link to the IVA manual waiting for changes.

Enjoy your holiday.

P.S Forgot to add that the error with the bookmarks appears to have been correct. They used to go a bit wonky after section 9A

eSteve
28th October 2010, 08:35 AM
Further to my previous post:

I have found a site (of which there are many) which enables you to monitor for changes to a web page.

It is here: http://www.changedetection.com/

You provide the URL of the page you want to monitor for changes and it will send you an eMail whenever a change is detected.

I've set up two monitors:

One on the local paper's website. This is a test, since I know this site changes frequently. Sure enough I had an eMail this morning telling me it had changed and a link to a change log. So it does appear to work.

The other monitor is to the site containing the link to the current IVA pdf (http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1081997083&type=RESOURCES). The name of the pdf is related to its version, so the hyper link to it will change when the IVA document is up issued, hence the page will change and (hopefully) www.ChangeDetection.com (http://www.ChangeDetection.com) will notify me of the change. Of course I will get notified of other changes on the page to, but I hope there will not be to many 'false alarms'.

Of course, the IVA manual does not change too often, so it might be a while untill this is proven to work. I'll report back if it does. Then we will have a mechanism of being notified immediately of IVA manual changes.

I really should have something better to do, shouldn't I?:D

eSteve
3rd March 2011, 09:51 AM
All,

my automated email notification of changes to the M1 IVA manual works!

After being notified ( two or three times) of small insigificant changes to the page with the link to the IVA manual on it, today I was notified of a change to the page and it was due to an update of the IVA manuaul itself!

The M1 IVA manual has been updated from 5.02 (Oct 2010) to 5.03 (Feb 2011).

Link: https://online.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual_Version_0311.pdf

Changes are (taken from Release Notes):

Number - Section - Title Details
================================================== =========
2B - Metered Emissions - Remove requirement to emissions test IC engine in mass produced hybrid vehicles subject to Basic IVA requirements

2C - Diesel Emissions - Remove requirement to emissions test IC engine in mass produced hybrid vehicles subject to Basic IVA requirements
8 Indirect Vision Correct diagram that had become misaligned in previous revisions

12 - Interior - Remove reference to RS2 in MOI that is now superfluous following removal of 2.5mm from RS2 as per version 5.01

25 - Headlamps - Amended section so that examiners know to treat LED headlamps in same manner as gas discharge systems

28 - Rear Fog Lamps - Amend table that details operation and interaction of fog lamps, so that it is permissible for front fog lamps to extinguish when main beam is activated

44 - Masses and Dimensio -s Added additional details relating to calculating weights for motor-caravans to align with directive requirements as detailed in RVAR

I will have a more thorough read to-night but none of it looks a big deal, in fact it all looks to be in the builder's favour.

deezee
3rd March 2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah, you've listed some updates from the 5.02 section there. The 5.03 updates are the top 6 items, up the masses and dimensions.

eSteve
3rd March 2011, 10:44 AM
deezee,

yes I see what you mean, too vigourous with my cutting and pasting. The bits about the alarms did sound familiar to me.

Have now corrected it.

Thanks,

eSteve
31st May 2011, 07:58 AM
All,

my automated email notification of changes to the M1 IVA manual has triggered again.

The M1 IVA manual has been updated from 5.03 (28th Feb 2011) to 6.01 (9th May 2011).

Link: https://online.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual_Version_0511.pdf

Changes are (taken from Release Notes 6.01):

Number - Section - Title Details
================================================== =========
na - Foreword - Remove Item 11 from the Summarised Table of requirements

na - Non-European and Other Acceptable Standards - Acceptance of the Japanese Standard for Anti - Theft / Immobiliser on vehicles first registered after 01/07/2006

13B / N13A / B - Anti-theft / Immobiliser, Anti-theft / Alarm - Remove VSIB from the list of acceptable evidence

There also seems to have been a version 6.00 with the following changes:

N19 - Seatbelt anchorages - An annex has been added to detail satisfactory evidence for seatbelt anchorages for modified or converted vehicles that are subject to Normal requirements.

In summary nothing to bother us.