PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike fuel cap ??

Bonzo
26th October 2010, 09:52 AM
I thought I would post this question here as it is sort of IVA related.

Have noticed that the motorbike's aero style filler caps can be got for about 1/2 the price of the ones sold for kit cars.

They look to be ideal for the job .... Hinged lockable cap's, so no need to fit a tether wire.

Look to be IVA friendly

Supplied as a cap, 2 keys & rubber sealing ring, shouldn't be too much problem making up a fitting for the fuel tank filler pipe.

Can anyone think of any reasons as to why not !!??

davidimurray
26th October 2010, 10:48 AM
Ronnie

I have had exactly the same thought myself - I struggle to bring myself to pay £70+ pound for a filler. The only issue I can see is that they don't come with any sort of funnel so you would need to make one. You could prob do this by rolling some alu into a cone and welding one end to a flange and the other to a piece of pipe to suit your fuel hose.

baz-r
13th January 2011, 03:04 PM
take note the other sealing half/filler hole is part of the tank so if you had a tank to chop up you could make thr filler bit

Bonzo
13th January 2011, 03:42 PM
I got as far as buying the filler cap & making an alloy cone.

That is about as far as I have got on this particular job, not that I think it will be too difficult to fabricate :) :)

Me being me, went off on a tangent, started on something completely different & havn't got back to the job in hand :o :D