PDA

View Full Version : Seat Runners?

Luke2842
26th October 2010, 05:43 PM
Got to the stage of trying to fit my Triton Seats, I know a lot of people have used Metro seat runners but I think i'm missing something as I cant work out how to modify the runners to fit? I've bent the handles so the runners fit onto the seat but the the handle doesn't clear the seat to release the runners and I can't work out how to modify it so that I don't have to put huge spacers in to lift the seat up? Also whats best to mount the runners on steel strip or box section? Just trying to keep the seats as low as possible without them fouling something.

Thanks,

Luke

Enoch
26th October 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Luke, I mounted my seats on box section welded to the chassis rails. I did not use Metro runners, I used the Sierra ones, it was quite simple to do and keeps the seats quite low in the chassis, I am guessing it would be a very similar set up. I am just on the south side of Bracknell, PM me if you want to come and have a look.

Enoch

mark
26th October 2010, 07:16 PM
If you are 6ft or more mount them on flat bar to keep the seat as low as possible

If your not that tall they will be fine on box section

Ive never used or seen metro runners but cant you just cut the slider adjustment handle off and make something that suits the position you want?