PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Seats for sale

Twin
26th October 2010, 10:17 PM
Hi guys,

Selling these for a buddy, he wants £100 (he paid £150) for them. A few little scuffs & some of the stitching needs sorting on one seat.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/offroading/eunos/IMG_0114.jpg

more pics here....

Click here (http://s457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/offroading/eunos/?start=40)

Regards,

Twin

Tatey
27th October 2010, 07:14 AM
Hi Twin,

I am very interested in these seats, but i've got a few questions first.

What car are these seats from?
Do they include any runners? If so could you get some pics of them?
Where is pick up from and would it be possible to meet halfway depending on distance?
How much do these seats weigh?
What is the width of the base of these seats

MikeB
27th October 2010, 10:05 AM
They look like lotus elise mk1 seats to me.
Could be good in a roadster if they fit, not sure if there are issues with the harnesses, guess they just go over the shoulder rather than through the seat.
Would be good to see some fitted to a haynes, was thinking of these myself.

Mike

fabbyglass
27th October 2010, 10:59 AM
Waste of time putting those in a 7 without a roof and besides that Elise seats are damn hard on yer backside due to the odd shape. GRP seats are way more comfy if you get the RIGHT ones due to the "butt area" shape. Loadsa Elise owners bought and still buy Triton seats for that very reason;)

spud69
27th October 2010, 12:05 PM
Must admit that if you have the right size butt to fit the seats then Triton seats are surprisingly comfortable, many people have had similar thoughts when they have had a blast out. Also been told how harsh the Lotus seats are, when you look inside an early Elise you might as well be sitting on the floor.

AndyH

fabbyglass
27th October 2010, 01:08 PM
The Elise seat doesn't hold you in either so you would have to drive like a hairdressing Elise owner.....:p On saying that I would love an Elise as soooooo pretty:cool:

spud69
27th October 2010, 01:15 PM
One of these passed me the other day on the road:

http://www.lotuscars.com/en/lotus-evora

A beautiful looking car, definitely worth having a sore wrist for....:D

One Day....AndyH

Twin
27th October 2010, 11:34 PM
Tatey,

I'm on to steve (the owner)

They are Elise seats & they're 430mm wide at the base.

He'll get back to me on the rest :)

Twin
1st November 2010, 02:54 PM
Had a reply :)

runners, no, but have mounting brackets, weight wise, not sure, don't have anything to weigh them, less then 10kgs, they are off an elise, not made to be heavy, 430mm wide at the base.

hope this helps!

leroybrown911
1st November 2010, 06:55 PM
Dont know what the issue is with these seats! I had a 'hairdressers?' elise a couple of years ago and found them to be fine on the butt. Allthough saying that there are better body hugging seats available. I would have them myself but a long way off that part of my build and just blew all my funds on wishbones and chassis plates. :D