PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan

towtruck
11th November 2010, 03:39 AM
howdy all I'm from saskatchewan I just built my frame and was wondering if there were any other canuck's out there . My question is how much trouble to register a home built car . I am having a hard time finding anyone that is in the know about these things around here , and what have some of you done to get your car legal ??

vetteman1355
11th November 2010, 06:43 AM
Hi
There are 3 of us building here in Vancouver, from what we have learnt here in BC you can register it as a replicar and all you need to do is get a provincial inspection, that is be real easy to do.
I went to a British car show here in the summer, met a couple guys there with locost Sevens who had gone through the process with no problems.

Nigel

alga
11th November 2010, 07:39 AM
Guys, definitely leave your postcode/coordinates on the Builder Locations thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3248) and get added to the map.

Twin
11th November 2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the madhouse Towtruck :)

Sorry can't help with your ? but i'm sure the internet will help.

spud69
11th November 2010, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the MadHouse,

We have sent 3 or 4 sets of bodywork and other bits over to Canada over the previous 12 months and as has been said it is registered as a replica with an inspection.

All the Best...AndyH

towtruck
11th November 2010, 01:55 PM
thanks all .
I just payed for my six piece body kit from saturn sports cars today !!! I'm so excited !!!

HandyAndy
11th November 2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Towtruck, :)

Its a great friendly & helpful forum.

best wishes for your build

cheers
andy

spud69
11th November 2010, 02:11 PM
Hello Trevor,

I didn't realize it was you that started the thread, just thought it was a coincidence. Just replying to your e-mail now.

Regards....AndyH

towtruck
11th November 2010, 04:59 PM
this is the best site I have found !! it's nice to see so many people working on the same type of car .

flyerncle
11th November 2010, 07:05 PM
You can say that again Trevor and a warm welcome. ;)

towtruck
11th November 2010, 07:44 PM
anybody out there have a picture of a cobalt blue roadster ? That's the color I picked and I'm curious if anyone has done that color ?

XR4BILL
13th November 2010, 12:04 AM
Hi Trevor, names Bill, from Calgary. I am collecting some bits and pieces just now. I am planning on using the 2.3L Lima as well.
cheers,
Bill

towtruck
13th November 2010, 06:26 AM
nice ! I noticed that there is a amendment on the trans tunnel here , does the lima need more room or can I use the dimensions in the book ?

XR4BILL
13th November 2010, 05:41 PM
I not sure about the amendments as I am not that far into it at the moment. Check out LocostUSA.com and search for Lima, there is a lot of info regarding the Lima engine, and probably info on the T5.
I hope this helps.
I hope to be starting my build very soon as I am still stuck for space at the moment.
I have just got my Lima engine with the 16v Volvo head running and I have to sort out the MS2 system yet. I have it installed in my 1986 XR4Ti. Once its sorted I can move the XR outside, then I can get into the build etc.
cheers,
Bill. :)

towtruck
13th November 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm lucky for space . My boss encourages after work projects and doesn't mind the car in the shop , as long as I take build pics for the companies web site. good luck on the build . I wish I could find a merkur .

XR4BILL
13th November 2010, 10:59 PM
I can keep a look out for one that is going to be scrapped etc, if you like. Checkout the Merkur Forum, occasionally one will show up that is heading for the wreckers yard.

Bill.

XR4BILL
21st November 2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Trevor, I have found a couple of XRs if you are still interested. They are here in Calgary. My e-mail is xrcossie@yahoo.ca
cheers,
Bill.