PDA

View Full Version : Experience using 2.0 DOHC sierra

Doogle
16th November 2010, 09:33 PM
Searching for a donor car locally and have been offered a 2.0 DOHC sierra. Can anyone offer advice on using these as donors please. Believe its injection and that the standard manifold wont fit under a bonnet?
Only thing I know of and All new to me so any help or advice would be great. Also what gearbox do these use?
Thanks,
Doug.

Twin
16th November 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm doing the carbed version & its a MT75 box, sure the injection is the same.

The inlet manifold can be modded I'm sure!

good luck

ozzy1
16th November 2010, 10:40 PM
most likely mt75.
I think someone on the forum was thinking of selling modified manifolds to suit :confused:

Doogle
16th November 2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks. Seen someones thread on cutting one down and using chemical metal to 'weld' it back together. Im sure I could do the same or get one of the local boat builders to tig it up

alga
16th November 2010, 10:47 PM
All DOHCs have the MT-75 tranny. It's a useable donor, the engine is quite big, but useable. If the injection manifold doesn't fit you'll have an option of going the bike carbs + Megajolt route. But better yet ditch the twink and get a Zetec. Most importantly, you'll get all the drivetrain and suspension bits you'll need.

Doogle
16th November 2010, 11:10 PM
Cheers. Zetec is where Id like to end up, but focusing mainly on getting the IVA and going from there really. Got to keep things cheap enough to afford the kit in the first place but still have a nice set up for now.

Enoch
17th November 2010, 08:42 AM
My build uses a DOHC and MT75. It's a huge engine and requires a fair bit of work to make it fit but it is a very good engine. I have modified my manifold but still need to make a custom bonnet to clear the cam covers and fuel regulator. You can read all about it at www.deepfolly.co.uk, there are loads of pictures on there.
Enoch.

Doogle
17th November 2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks. I have seen and had a flick through your site, now saved as a favourite and will read the whole lot later on.
Went to see the sierra today, bought it and by the time I got home the chap was unloading it on my drive :D Oh and my Haynes book arrived today too!

rapidtornado
17th November 2010, 08:25 PM
Hopefully I'm going to pull my DOHC on the weekend and shoehorn it into my chassis, once complete I'll take a pic and post it up, it will have the mod'd efi fitted then

Doogle
17th November 2010, 09:47 PM
Hope it goes well, would be great to see some pics. Need to sort a chassis before I can start stripping mine down, itching to start, cant wait :D

rapidtornado
23rd November 2010, 09:44 PM
dude get yourself a van and take a drive to buy the one shown in the announcement page for 250 quid good bargain!!!

Doogle
29th November 2010, 05:53 PM
Got a van, havnt seen that untill seeing your post! Already got a donor though, 275 delivered! Runs, drives and Everything works! Seems a shame to break it but needs must :D