PDA

View Full Version : New seats for £30

shh120m
25th November 2010, 07:47 PM
Hi guys

Iv been searching for some seats for a while, and whilst very impressed with the very high quality of the triton seats, i find it hard to part with that kind of money for something that im only going to scratch. After a search on ebay i found these for just £30:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250727392327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They are good quality mouldings, obviously you get what you pay for but im well impressed.

They only just fit, and i mean only just, but they are pretty good quality for the money. Obviously the tranny tunnel shrouds gonna be another 2mm but luckily the seats have a good 20mm lip all the way around so i should be able to trim them a bit. They are also a wide fit, if my lass can get her arse in them then they will fit any fatty!

I told the young lad i bought them of i would reconmend them on the forum if they were any good, so here you go

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l213/shh120m/IMG_1328.jpg

Regards

Nathan

flyerncle
25th November 2010, 07:56 PM
She might read this forum and you are dead !!!!

Is the auction still running ?

shh120m
25th November 2010, 08:03 PM
nah, shes currently chained to the sink, in the shed.:D

Hes got them as a buy it now, 30 quid plus postage, i think its still running

flyerncle
25th November 2010, 08:24 PM
Cheers Nathan.

fabbyglass
26th November 2010, 07:18 AM
They look like they will give you a dead arse in no time.....:eek:

monsterob
26th November 2010, 10:55 AM
I have one of these on a go kart they are quite comfy but i havent driven the go kart on the road for any distance :-)

flyerncle
26th November 2010, 08:28 PM
Second look I am inclined to agree Mark,but they are wide for us bigun's.:)

shh120m
27th November 2010, 08:20 PM
point taken, i had a brew in the shed whilst working on the side panels today. After half an hour in the seat i felt like i had deep vein thrombosis. Looking at the seats i think they are elise bases that havent been uphostered (put me right if im wrong). I have a good friend who reupholsters old car interiors so i think il get him to upholster the seats with a bit off padding and some sort of waterproof fake leather.

I also made the mistake of riveting the side panels on at -5 degrees, i didnt think about it at the time but i bet they will warp like the starshop enterprise when it warms up:(

alga
28th November 2010, 12:38 AM
Nah... When heated from -5 to 30 degrees the aluminium will expand 0.7 mm per 1 meter, whereas the steel chassis will expand 0.4 mm per meter. I doubt this will have any observable effect.

flyerncle
28th November 2010, 12:47 PM
He has sold them all anyway.