PDA

View Full Version : cbr600 carbs on a CVH

robo49
28th November 2010, 10:09 PM
Hi

Thinking of fitting cbr600 carbs on my 1800 cvh . Does anyone know if can I use the cvh fuel pump or is it best to fit a stand alone electric fuel pump. If a electric pump is required is there a set pressure rating.

Cheers Rob

baz-r
29th November 2010, 04:09 AM
i fitted a eletric car pump to a bike engine once and the pressure was too much for them and made the floats overflow. was a uprated pump tho

could use either realy as long as pressure can be set and flow rate is enough
if it where me i would be looking for what ever the carbs came from for a pump

make sure you fit the carbs so the float is in the correct level as on the bike
eg. 10deg up
there usualy a line on the side if the carbs with the float hight this should be level

Enoch
29th November 2010, 09:02 AM
Don't use the pump off an injected engine. Injection requires much higher pressure - about 5-6 bar from memory, a pump from a car with carbs will only pump about 1 bar and should be OK for bike carbs.
Enoch.

mark
29th November 2010, 11:24 AM
Its probably best to use the pump that comes from the same bike as the carbs

As they cut out once they are up to pressure to suit the carbs to stop them overflowing

You could use a different electric pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to set the pressure but then you may as well have got the pump from a bike that was designed to match your carbs

Davey
29th November 2010, 12:40 PM
Isn't the CBR 600 fuel injected? I have CBR 600 throttle bodies for my beast.

D.

robo49
29th November 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the help guys I think i will go down the route of finding the pump that was fitted to the bike to be on the safe side.
Davey. I don,t think these carb are injected as they are off a 1994 bike ( well I hope not :confused: )

Cheers Rob

Davey
29th November 2010, 08:51 PM
Aah that explains it then, not being into bikes I wouldn't know a CBR 600 from a Raleigh Chopper:D . I thought the CBR 600 was a more recent bike than it is:o .

D.

baz-r
1st December 2010, 05:12 PM
i fitted a eletric car pump to a bike engine once and the pressure was too much for them and made the floats overflow. was a uprated pump tho

could use either realy as long as pressure can be set and flow rate is enough
if it where me i would be looking for what ever the carbs came from for a pump

make sure you fit the carbs so the float is in the correct level as on the bike
eg. 10deg up
there usualy a line on the side if the carbs with the float hight this should be level

note that was a hp carb pump i fitted!