PDA

View Full Version : seat runners

misty
3rd December 2010, 10:56 PM
must seat runners be used at all ?

alga
3rd December 2010, 11:14 PM
If you're fine with the seats' height, and don't mind them being non-adjustable, then you can perhaps skip them.

Tilly819
3rd December 2010, 11:45 PM
i fitted them to mine, but as im the only one who drives it the seat never gets moved therefore they are just extra weight.

if i were to build another i would not bother with them

tilly

misty
4th December 2010, 08:10 AM
many thanks everybody

twinturbo
4th December 2010, 09:18 AM
If your 6ft 6', and the IVA tester is 5ft 1' then you may need em :rolleyes:

Passenger one is not a big concern but it can be helpful for getting seatbelts tight and for luggage behind the passenger.

TT

misty
4th December 2010, 12:12 PM
i fitted them to mine, but as im the only one who drives it the seat never gets moved therefore they are just extra weight.

if i were to build another i would not bother with them

tilly

i have 2 1" rhs going across the seat area which are in a perfect spot for the seats. could the seat brackets (that i have bolted on to the seat) be welded to the floor section rhs, would that be ok for the iva

HandyAndy
4th December 2010, 01:23 PM
I originally intended fitting seat runners but in the end decided not to,
I,m not that tall but found by placing the seats on boxed tube that is welded across from the chassis side rail to the tranny tunnel to be the perfect seat height for me, seats are then bolted thru the braces with large thick washers under the car to ensure they are nice and secure for Mr IVA man.

I,ve positioned the passenger seat right back as far as it will go & the drivers seat is postioned for the ideal position for me.

cheers
andy

misty
4th December 2010, 02:54 PM
thanks andy
would the iva man be ok with them welded on instead of bolting?

Tilly819
4th December 2010, 04:35 PM
i don't see why it would be a problem welding them in, though make sure you weld to the RHS you described earlier and NOT to the floor panel.

however i would recommend that you bolt them in so that they can be removed in future for maintenance, cleaning and if you wish to change them to another seat design.

tilly

misty
4th December 2010, 05:48 PM
yeah see what you mean i will bolt them in
many thanks